Intersection is revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities and connect them to their communities. We connect brands with people where they are via relevant and impactful experiences, and we earn the trust of our partners through our shared mission, working together to build the foundation for a connected future.
We are looking for a Network/Voice Engineer to join our team to perform ongoing support adds, moves/changes, and troubleshooting. In addition, you will have the opportunity to utilize your skill and excellent customer-focused service as you perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex telecommunications problems for a variety of end users.
- Integrate and support IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and otherInternet- based services and protocols
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of Cisco VoIP equipment
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP, protocols
- Strong understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
- Direct experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Familiar with network topologies such as EVPN, ATM, ISDN, VPN etc.
- Maintain documentation for all processes and procedures across the infrastructure.
- Develop and implement plans for VoIP upgrades, modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Acquire, maintain and report on data related to network performance management, capacity planning, and utilization trend analysis.
- Provide after-hours support for systems and applications.
- Work closely with the networking and security teams on collaborative projects.
- Collaborate with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT best practices, policies, and procedures are adhered to. Provide technical support for staff issues.
- 5+ years in setup, configuration, and maintenance of networking and VoIP infrastructure including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, VPNtechnologies, MPLS and Unified Communications.
- 7+ years with configuring and supporting IP networks
- 7+ years configuring and troubleshooting Cisco VoIP or similar VoIP networks
- TCP/IP Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Experience with Call Manager, Unity, and Unified Messaging products
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures - relies on knowledge, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with IT team members as well as other departments
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree: CIS Computer Information Systems; Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Certifications Desired: One or more of the following: CCNA or CCNP Voice, CCDA, CCDP
We are revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces.
Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities. Whether offering public services like free Wi-Fi and calling, providing people with useful information to get where they’re going, or simply brightening their day with native content that can be interactive and location-specific, our products help people engage with their communities and the cities around them.
Our wide-ranging expertise includes technology and design solutions; advertising innovation, production, and sales; and operations, maintenance, and support. We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology, from virtual and augmented reality to machine learning, conversational commerce, and more. Whether partnering with private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, or with municipalities and city agencies to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection was formed in 2015 as a merger between Titan, the largest municipal out of home company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation. We are backed by Sidewalk Labs, Alphabet’s urban technology company.