Millennium Engineering is seeking a Senior Network System Engineer to join our team at Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, hand-selected systems engineering team where your efforts will have direct impact on the program. We are leading the study, development and execution of advanced satellite communication capabilities. In this role, you will support Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) activities in a multidisciplinary environment. You will work onsite, co-located and closely integrated with the Government Customer. We seek technical individuals who thrive in a highly collaborative environment of small innovative teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the system program office (SPO) as a terrestrial network systems engineer
- Evolve a network architecture supporting space system mission and control data flows.
- Coordinate that architecture across multiple program stakeholder
- Lay out an integration plan, facilitate provisioning, participate in new network capabilities check-out on-site, and lead network verification & troubleshooting
- Document the network components and interfaces, application of network protocols, and network control data flows. Manage configuration of the network address plan and assignments.
- Provide network subject matter expertise by thinking critically and predicting system-wide impacts of data flow and design decisions made at all layers of the system
- Specify ground network functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Lead hands-on isolation and troubleshooting root cause to resolve connectivity issues
- May require up to 20% travel
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in cross-functional planning, coordination and task execution across the spectrum of systems engineering and integration activities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and adjust in a changing environment
- Effective interpersonal and team-building skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of network systems and system engineering processes
- Experience with one or more of the following key subject areas: IP Addressing, OSPF Routing, Layer 2 Ethernet behaviors, VLAN-based Segregation, MPLS, Network Security, and/or Wide Area Networking
- BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Communications Systems or equivalent experience
- 15+ years technical experience with network systems, including design and integration & test
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position
- Further domain experience in one or more of the following:
- Analysis, installation and configuration of local area networks, including configuring routers, switches, and firewalls
- Software development, including test and emulator software
- Master’s degree in engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with military and other government representatives, FFRDC (e.g. Aerospace) representatives, and SMC's prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors
- DoD program office experience with understanding of DoD acquisition process and compliance with government instructions
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.