Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a Senior Network Systems Engineer to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by sales people with 750+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
The Senior Network Systems Engineer is responsible for providing quality services and solutions to our clients while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. You will routinely perform project based installations and service based repair calls both remotely and at client locations and will occasionally assist the Managed IT groups. This position is responsible for design, management, administration and integration of products and applications; handling responsibilities from basic system installations to the overall architecture and design of custom solutions.
- Design, Installation, support and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Design, integrate, maintain, consolidate network services - including but not limited to- switches, routers, firewalls, wireless networks and network security, server [(groups), including data center, virtualization & storage], software applications
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
- Ability to conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Research, design, implement, manage and maintain security systems including encryption standards, authentication protocols and cloud security.
- Perform individual and recurring risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security assessments to identify any security issues that could lead to lost or stolen data.
- Participate in Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery Plan testing, remediation and planning.
- Participate and assist with administration of security awareness programs and educational efforts.
- Design, implement and maintain archive and backup systems. Work closely with client’s technical staff to ensure that backup and archiving designs and procedures are implemented properly
- Provide technical support to end-users regarding hardware/application issues
- Analyze system utilization, perform growth analysis and capacity planning and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency
- Provide mentoring for junior Marco staff
- Plan and manage projects and service independently
- Develop and follow Marco best practices and operational procedures and create visual and written documentation
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client orientated team
- Maintain parts inventory
- Accurately maintain documentation and comply with service administrative procedures, including pick tickets, ticket updates, time entries and timesheets
- Consistently maintain a revenue-to-wage ratio of 2.5 or above
- Attend required company and departmental meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by direct manager or supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of experience or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of routing, switching, wireless, security/threat protection
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as MS Office applications and Visio
- Specialization with any of the following: Network analysis, Wireless, Directory services, Unified communications, VDI, UCS, FireSIGHT/FirePOWER, Nexus, ISE
- Current industry certifications, including Cisco CCNP Security, Security +, CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), Citrix CCE, VMWare VCAP / VCDX, HP MASE
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.