The Senior Network Systems Engineer will be a member of the Network Services Engineering team within the Technology Services organization. The engineering team provides subject matter expertise and associated network services to business division(s) across the enterprise. The successful candidate must have networking knowledge involving the following technology disciplines delivered on premises or cloud based services.
Data Network Platforms
- LAN / WAN / MAN / WLAN
- Software Defined WAN (SDWAN)
- Software Defined Data Center (SDDC)
- Carrier Networks
- DNS / DHCP / IP Address Management
- Contact Center
- Non-Contact Center
- Voice Mail
- SIP Carrier Networks
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide technical support in the development of solution designs, new technology installations and maintenances of network systems.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures to ensure quality and productivity.
- Design network topologies and identify and correct network non-compliance issues.
- Develop system installation and configuration documents for references.
- Recommend new networking technologies to improve performance, reliability and scalability.
- Maintain networkinfrastructure and perform modifications and expansions when needed.
- Assist in project management activities including budget preparation, timelines determination, resource allocation, and work assignment.
- Work collaboratively with a team of highly-technical networking professionals to plan and complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Consultation with internal business partners in Cybersecurity, Technology Architecture and Service Operations & Support, including third-party support leads and vendors.
- Perform root cause analysis of network issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Respond promptly during outages and recommend solutions for performance issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline with 8+ years of network engineering (Data, and Voice Systems) experience.
- Experience supporting a multi-platform network environment with demonstrated ability to lead the integration of new technologies through the complete solution lifecycle
- Proven technical leadership experience
- Ability to apply sound network engineering principles to set the tone and pace for the maturation of the program
- Ability to manage complex activities simultaneously to short timescales
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing technology and business environment
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following disciplines
- Application and IT infrastructure automation
- Servers, Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
*THESE POSITIONS MAY BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: – PROVIDENCE (CRANSTON) RI; BOSTON (DEDHAM/CANTON/28 State Street) MA;