Let's do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we're focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda Health is seeking a Senior Network System Administrator. This position is responsible for the day to day operational support of all core and mission critical Windows & Network servers and systems, for Moda enterprise; implementing Disaster Recovery to support the Corporate Business Resumption Plan.
01. Independently analyze and improve all Windows server hardware and software operating systems to surpass all service level expectations
02. Adhere to all safety and security directives and promote ideas to enhance them
03. Be keenly familiar with and use a wide variety of network monitoring tools and practices to isolate weaknesses and provide metrics for internal and external teams and managers
04. Plan, organize and prioritize daily tasks and projects to meet timelines, budget needs and management priorities
05. Evaluate risk and quickly make decisions to provide optimal availability to all network users
06. Guide junior level system administrators and know how and when to collaborate with architecture, engineering, management and external support
07. Plan and assess Infrastructure Maintenance activities to upgrade, patch or maintain systems
08. Provide high quality solutions and practices to build safe and secure server environments that support FACETS, batch and Disaster Recovery processes
09. Master technical skills needed to support all core Production systems and business initiatives
10. Adapt quickly to change and high stress situations on a continual basis while maintaining a positive attitude
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you're ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it's time to discover what's possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience specializing in Computer Science or related field.
2. 6 - 8 years of experience in a Senior role supporting client server applications in a medium to large enterprise environment.
3. A solid understanding of both the Windows server operating system, Microsoft Office365, Azure; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (clustering, logical volumes), can use performance analysis tools to diagnose and tune systems. Familiarity with Windows 2008 R2 Server and experience with IBM hardware preferred.
4. Experience with Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, LDAP, firewalls, file systems, network protocol, Citrix, wireless and VPN proficiency required
5. Experience with Nutanix,VMware, & Citrix, is highly desirable.
6. A good understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts is required. Should have some experience with Cisco, Brocade, or Foundry network equipment.
7. Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
8. Ability to program in an administrative language (Power Shell, Perl, Python, or VBScript).
9. Ability to work well under pressure, work with frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities.
10. Set-up, configure and support internal and external Windows networks with no assistance
11. Quickly develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and WAN/LAN configurations and documentation
12. Provide expert technical support and guidance to internal IS teams with minimal guidance
13. Easily follow and improve instructions, pre-established guidelines and practices to perform job duties that meet or exceed audit requirements
14. Create and maintain Disaster Recovery plans and system documentation with architecture and engineering teams
15. Arrive to work on time every day and work a full day on a continuous basis
16. Work after hours based on business need and share on call duties 7x24. Respond immediately to on call requests and be able to be on site within 1 hour when needed
17. Clear, concise and professional verbal and written communication skills are mandatory