Enterprise Network Service provides an essential set of network and communication services to the Sun Life Financial global community in support of business operations worldwide. The Solution Design Engineering (SDE) Team is accountable for developing and maintaining strategy and roadmaps for network technology domains as well as designing, engineering, communicating, and delivering complex and innovative end-to-end solutions, which facilitate Sun Life Financial business operations globally.
- The Network Solution Design Engineer (SDE) operates under thegeneral direction of the Director, Network Solution Design & Engineering and Supervision of the SDE Infrastructure Team Lead. He or She has the primary responsibility for the strategic development, designing, engineering, define and maintain roadmap, for Wireless LAN, Campus LAN, and WAN Solutions of Sun Life Financial Enterprise Network Services. Hence, focused strength in these areas is mandatory.
- This position will work closely with Peers in Solutions Design Engineering, Network Architecture, and Network Operations Engineering to maintain and evolve the aforementioned Solutions’ capabilities, functionalities, and the services they provide. Lifecycle management of hardware and software, components; including vulnerability and yearly upgrades for currency to run these services securely and effectively are this position’s responsibility as well.
- The Network Solution Design Engineer will be maintaining a healthy partnership with our vendors in collaboration with our Vendor Management peers in Global Service Delivery Team. It is also this position’s responsibility to nurture and develop good relationships with client and peers both within and outside of Enterprise Network Services.
- This position provides 3rd level-escalation-support for Enterprise Network Services during critical and high severity issues. The successful candidate maybe be engaged by 2nd Level Operations Engineers during critical and high severity incidents for problem isolation and service restoration activities to ensure comprehensive business SLA/SLO are met.
- This position plays a key role in contributing to a concerted effort to mature the operationalization of a consolidated NPMD (Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics) and Data Analytics relative to the technology domains aforementioned above.
Advanced problem solving required of this position in order to mentor technicians and sharpen their problem solving skills. Expected problem solving capabilities include attributes such as:
- problem strategy development
- advanced problem management techniques (efficiently using all available resource, tracking and reporting etc)
- evaluation/feedback loop for problem management process improvement.
Typical problems solved at this level would include problems escalated from the technicians for failed end user hardware, local user software errors, single user virus incident remediation. Those that the team leader doe not have the skills to solve would be escalated to OSS Manager then Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree – Required
- Vendor Certifications (Aruba, Cisco, Microsoft, Checkpoint, BlueCat, AWS, Azure, Cisco, or equivalent certifications)
- Other Professional and Industry Certifications (TOGAF, ITIL, CISSP, or equivalent work experience)
- Network Infrastructure, Functionality, and Convergence:
- Network Architecture, Design, and Engineering.
- Wireless LAN, Layer-2/7 Switching and Routing, WAN Optimization and Acceleration
- TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, WLAN, NAC, VPN, VoIP, SDN, SD-WAN, Cloud.
- DNS, DHCP, IPAM, NAC
- Service and Functionality Performance monitoring and management.
- Data aggregation, collection, correlation and analytics.
- Operating Systems and IOS:
- Aruba Wireless OS and Management Suit, Clearpass, Airwave, Cisco NX-OS, IOS, Cisco ISE, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, BlueCat
- Microsoft; Windows Servers 2008/2012/2016, Legacy Windows ‘7/8/10
- UNIX/Linux/CentOS, and other derivatives.
- Network and Systems Management:
- Wireless, Data Wireline, VoIP and Real-Time Applications.
- SNMP, IPSLA, NetFlow, PfR, Logging/Syslog, RESTFul and/or SOAP API.
- Passive in-line traffic monitoring and analyzer, including Deep Packet Inspectors (DPI).
- QoS, End-User-Experience and Application Performance Monitoring and Optimization.
- Cloud-based application performance monitoring
- Applications and Tools Suite:
- ScienceLogic, Splunk, Corvil, Aruba Airwave, Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.x, LiveAction, Riverbed/OPNET Network and Application Performance Management Suite, IT Guru, VNE, Sentinel, ACE Analyst, AppResponse Xpert.
- Microsoft Office, Project, Visio (Required)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering design, administration and management of large Wireless LAN Enterprise, Campus LAN, WAN, WaaS, QoS, VoIP/Video.
- Experience in developing and maintaining comprehensive network engineering documentations is mandatory.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience on switching, routing, and tools of trade for both Wireless and Wired Campus LAN, WAN
- Excellent understanding of ITIL v3 process framework.
- Programming, Coding, API (RESTFul/SOAP), Automation experience is an advantage that is nice to have.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with other teams, remaining professional, positive and patient at all times.
- Prepares and presents service level updates and status reports on Projects, Network Statistics, Budgets, etc.
- Leadership skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism with an ability to develop close relationships with team members in several locations globally.
- Advanced reasoning skills with the ability to define problems, evaluate trends in analytical data, establish facts, and draw supportable valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with an established record of accomplishment of maintaining positive business relationships.
- Experience in creating & managing business requirements, business processes and operational standards and procedures.
- Stay calm in high risk, high pressure situations.