Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 101 days ago
The Security Engineer will be responsible for delivery of enterprise security solutions.
- Lead projects on improving security services, enhancing security posture, implementing new services and/or remediation.
- Deliver projects from inception to deployment following ITIL processes and path to production using the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Lead/assist in engineering security solutions that may include, but not limited to, datacenter firewalls, application firewalls, database security, endpoint security, and network/system forensics technology.
- Responsible for developing and improving on existing correlation strategies as they relate to all security solutions with the goal of increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our overall detection and prevention capabilities.
- Execute cyber security projects related to enhancements, capacity planning, creating or maintaining engineering documentation, auditing systems being used as designed, and auditing systems that continue to meet the needs of the operational security teams utilizing them.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security service issues within the network and endpoint security environment.
- Lead/assist cyber security engineers and security operations teams in engineering and troubleshooting difficult or time- sensitive problems.
- Lead/Assist other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant, and to lend your unique areas of expertise when required.
- Identify client needs and design; propose and implement solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment
- Enhance capabilities of existing security systems through engineering enhancements, customer education, and process development.
- Ensure various security systems are working in unison and the SIEM solution is tuned to provide best value from the system. Oversee usage of security technologies by forensic and operational security teams ensuring products are utilized effectively.
- Assist security analysts, operational engineers and related teams in both understanding and utilizing security tools and systems from a tier three support perspective.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors and 5 + years or more experience or 9+ years of related experience without the degree.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering enterprise security solutions for medium or large organizations
- 5+ years of experience in supporting intrusion detection and prevention technologies or application and database-specific security technologies.
- Proven experience performing market analysis and perform analysis of alternatives for commercial off the shelf solutions during product selection.
- Experience researching and resolving complex problems that require architectural and/or engineering redesign. Resolutions should include root cause and action plans intended to reduce or eliminate the reoccurrence of similar problems.
- Experience Identifying client needs and design; implementing solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment requirements.
Experience in the direct deployment and maintenance of other security products i.e. Web Application Firewalls, Database Application Firewalls, Network Firewalls, Network IDS/IPS, HIPS/HIDS, Desktop Antivirus, Content Filtering, Packet Sniffers
Experience with architecting and engineering solutions for Datacenter deployments