SpaceX is looking for a Sr. Network Security Engineer with expertise of network security technologies (firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, etc.). This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and will focus firewalls. The ideal candidate will be flexible, excel at multi-tasking, and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This person should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess the ingenuity to excel in this position.
- Develop and implement network security tools
- Provide subject matter expertise on network security, firewalls and industry best practices
- Manage firewall configurations within the SpaceX enterprise network based on operational requirements
- Analyze and proactively come up with creative network solutions for operational needs that present security challenges.
- Manage and maintain network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks.
- Work with other SpaceX teams to determine functional needs and communicate security policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study and 4+ years of network security experience; or 6+ years of network security experience without a degree
- Professional experience with firewalls
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced Python programming ability
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Firewalls (Palo Alto and Juniper)
- Network IDS/IPS Solutions
- Switch/Router ACLs
- Network Access Control solutions
- IPSec and TLS -based VPNs
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI Model.
- Experience testing and implementing changes in a production environment.
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal