At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and administering YETI’s LAN/WAN networks. This individual will design and manage our global network architecture and collaborate with server, security, and application teams to ensure the network architecture is defined and documented to meet the strategic and pragmatic needs of our business. The Senior Network Engineer will review network designs against technical requirements for individual projects assigned to Network Engineering and will also assist other engineers with the resolution of complex technical issues, along with mentorship to support their career development.
- Researches, designs, tests, implements, and maintains the LAN/WAN Infrastructure including; physical cabling, switches, routers, firewalls, and Wi-Fi systems.
- Researches, designs, tests, and implements new software releases, system upgrades, and patches for the network infrastructure environment.
- Maintain knowledge of vendor products (Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Palo Alto) and solutions that can enable the Network Engineering team to diagnose complex issues, build redundancy and resiliency along with assisting them with planning for the future capacity and technology growth of the network.
- Develops and maintains technical procedure documentation and network infrastructure diagrams and reviews projects / systems designs and plans for compliance with standards
- Proactively work to reduce costs and improve productivity (continuous improvement) for Network Engineering and Support platforms.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and lead problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensure the network architecture addresses high availability and performance of mission critical platforms and network resources.
- Identify opportunities and for improvement in efficiency and responsiveness. Make recommendations and champion implementations that gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness.
- Understand the needs of various business functions and end users, and the priorities of information security and senior management and define solutions to support these
- Assists as needed with any IT related projects as determined by IT Management.
- Respond to off-hour alerts, calls, e-mails or notifications to ensure operational efficiency and uptime.
- Design, implement and maintain a US based retail and global network infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer carrier diverse circuits utilizing BGP for fault tolerance.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- 6+ years of experience specifically designing and maintaining enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure – Wireless, Firewalls, Routers Switches, Controllers
- 4+ years of experience of Networking technologies including SD-WAN, MPLS, VRF, DMVPN, multicast, load balancing, switching and routing technologies
- Knowledge and experience of Network security constructs and capabilities including Layer 3 and Layer 7 firewalls, IPS, VPN, and Proxy
- Knowledge and experience of hosting technologies including: Hyper-converged infrastructure, Converged Infrastructure, VMware virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and Windows Server OS
- Knowledge and experience with supporting infrastructure service technologies including Active Directory, AzureAD, DNS, DHCP, NTP, file and printing services
- Experience with developing scripts to automate infrastructure deployment and metrics collection
- Experience with various tools such as Protocol Analyzer, SNMP, Netflow, IPAM, RADIUS, Insight IDR/Splunk, and load/stress testing.
- Expertise in Azure or other cloud providing technologies.
- Direct experience with Palo Alto, Aruba, and Meraki is a plus
- Proven experience documenting network knowledge base and operational runbooks
- Proven experience designing and deploying SD-WAN infrastructure
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions
- Team player with the ability to work with all levels of staff within/outside of IT and outside the organization
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dependable and flexible when necessary