Wyndham Destinations is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Orlando, Florida. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for developing network designs, documentation and implementation plans for the Wyndham's data network, domestically and globally as applicable. Scope of the position involves the implementation, maintenance, and configuration of data networking hardware and services, inclusive of WAN and LAN technologies, load balancers, WAN optimization, and monitoring and reporting services. The position is required to provide Tier 3 operational support for the Company’s critical data network services, while delivering Wyndham’s Count on Me! Service to our customers. Compliance with Company policies around Information Security, Incident Management, and Change Management are required.
The Senior Network Engineer is expected to maintain professional working relationships at all times with internal and external peers, stakeholders, management, partners and vendors. The position requires participation in the implementation of policies and procedures and to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and Regulatory requirements.
Travel can range up to 10%.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements, updates, maintains, manages, monitors, and supports the Company’s data networkinfrastructure throughout the global shared services environment, both operationally and in support of key initiatives and projects.
- Work with the business customers to develop networkinfrastructure solutions and strategies to satisfy customer requirements, all while ensuring adherence to formal processes, standards, and policies.
- Perform change control and device configuration management activities on all responsiblenetwork equipment. Includes detailed documentation.
- Be accessible in a Tier 3 operational support, Multi-task and work effectively in a team environment in order to solve complex networking problems.
- Work closely with fellow Network Engineers, various IT Architects, analysts, IT peers, outside vendors, partners, and other resources to evaluate, develop, and propose innovative new technologies, methodologies, processes, and other improvements aimed at improving the effectiveness of the organization.
- Perform technical support coordination between Network Services and other IT technical engineering groups, supporting the maintenance and installation, and modification of systems including interfaces, migration of new software releases, system upgrades, and general technical modifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications or related work experience.
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work long hours under pressure during system outages and major implementations
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn, and expand skill set to new technologies related to networking services.
- Aptitude to learn through research and hands-on experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology environments and requirements.
- Able to perform and deliver results coordinating with other teams without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of Public DNS
- Working knowledge of F5 LTM and GTM technologies
- Knowledge of Wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n, WPA2, WLC, WAP
- Expert knowledge of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
- Expert level experience optimizing site performance with strong knowledge in Networks, Browsers, Content Delivery, etc.
- Expert level experience configuring routing protocols and other network technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, SSL VPN, IPSEC, GRE, L2TPv3, NAT/PAT, PPP, MPLS, QoS, STP, HSRP, VTP, VPC, VDC, OTV, Ether channel, WAN Acceleration, IPv4, IPv6
- Expert level experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center technology
- Expert level experience with WAN deployments including: EIGRP/BGP route redistribution over MPLS networks, route maps and filtering, traffic prioritization and QOS policies
- Experience in using various monitoring tools like network simulators, load generators, profilers, monitors, analysis and reporting
- Other preferred knowledge includes Packet Over Sonet, ATM, Frame Relay, Wireless Networking, VPN, IP Telephony, QoS, Cisco Nexus, F5 Load Balancers, Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimizers, NetFlow, NBAR, AVC, ActionPacked, SolarWinds.
- At least 7 years in the administration and operation of enterprise wide area and campus networks, including extensive experience with Data Center, LAN, WAN, Network, Security, VoIP application (H.323/SIP) solutions and architectures.