Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 244 days ago
• Ability to operate independently or in a team, depending on circumstances.
• Comfortable working on hardware in disparate locations across the US.
• Maintain LAN/WAN/Wireless services and connectivity.
• Maintain data centers, cabling, wiring closets, servers, consoles, switches, routers, etc.
• Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues on a day-to-day basis.
• Configure routers, switches, firewalls, servers, cabling, and related equipment for data centers.
• Maintain redundancy across the network, and identify areas of inefficiency.
• Adhere to Change Control procedures and plan implementations around existing maintenance windows.
• Provide documentation of projects and installations.
• Serve as an escalation for incidents as required ]
• Provide mentorship to other members of the team in areas of experience.
• Perform various other duties and projects as assigned.
• Maintain and deploy policy changes to firewalls and load balancers.
• Solid understanding of BGP, specifically related to layer 3 leaf-spine datacenter design. Experience with other dynamic routing protocols a plus.
• Must be able to quickly diagnose problems within the networked environment, including experience with packet capture software.
• Enterprise network design, implementation, maintenance and administration experience. • In-depth understanding of networksecurity including knowing the difference between and limitations of IDS, IPS, ACL’s, and Stateful Firewall technologies.
• Understanding and implementation experience of wireless technologies (802.11, Enterprise WPA2 - PEAP/EAP TLS).
• Working knowledge of at least one scriptinglanguage essential..
• Ability to create clear and concise network documentation in written and visual forms.
• Cisco and/or Juniper networking certifications preferable, or ability to clearly demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
• Working Knowledge with SDN backed technologies such as Arista’s Cloudvision or Cisco ACI highly desirable.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills (both internal and external).
• Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in IT with 3+ years networking experience.
• Experience with BGP Datacenter Design as well as internet routing.
• Aruba or Cisco Wireless experience a plus.
• General application experience around DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS.
• Comfortable with identifying areas of improvement, and driving projects to completion.
• Knowledge of Data Center redundancy technologies, including Anycast, VXLAN, DCI, and overlay networking.
• Experience with VOIP a plus.
• Solid understanding of working with
• Linux distributions (preferably RHEL or CentOS-based).
• Juniper or Pulse Secure remote-access knowledge a plus