$100K — $150K *
· Support the bank's LAN /WAN and SAN network network during core support hours (07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday).
· Work with the Architecture and Engineering and other functional groups within the bank to implement engineering solutions to meet the project and ad-hoc requirements of the organization.
· Implement Policy on the banks WEB service devices I.E. Palo Alto, Checkpoint and F5 devices.
· Implement configurations on other security and load balancing appliances.
· Support network and data center installations including racking, stacking and cabling of various types of equipment.
· Ensure all design, implementation, support and maintenance activities adhere to the bank's system development life cycle.
· Ensure adherence to the bank's standards and strategies; all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment.
· Assist in problem determination activities, leveraging the bank's fault reporting system;
Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are monitored, managed and progressed.
· Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are updated with sufficient narrative to ensure a complete audit trail of a fault's life-cycle; Ensure alerts generated by the bank's pro-active monitoring systems are managed and progressed.
· Ensure carrier maintenance notifications are managed and progressed.
· Provide support to 1st level support staff;
· Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office.
· Be prepared to work a rotating 8 hour day schedule between 07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
· Be prepared to work at varying locations day to day as work / project load dictates. Participate in rotating oncall schedule.
· Develop technical skills pertinent to role
· Provide timely progress reporting to the Network Manager;
and, Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Network Manager.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
· Minimum of 6 years industry experience in a similar environment.
· Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically with Cisco 4400 and 1001 ISR/ASR routers, 4500 series switches, Nexus switches and indepth knowledge of various Cisco operating systems, including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
Cisco SAN experience highly desirable.
· Experience with various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC priciples is highly desired.
· Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
· Experience with industry standard security practices.
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
· Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large scale network design and maintenance is critical.
Valid through: 9/25/2020