In everything we do, we are building and growing the most comprehensive global community of professional business aviation resources to deliver on our shared purpose – the successof our clients’ trips. By equipping our employees to succeed, we will innovate, problem solve, and achieve excellence in all aspects of trip management to help our clients reduce their operating risks. By helping our clients achieve successful missions, we move organizations that then move the world.
The Sr. Network Engineer is an integral part of enabling information technology to be fast, flexible and responsive. This hands-on technical role includes developing strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise scale networks, their implementation, maintenance, and monitoring in support of mission critical production environments and applications.
- Develop strategies and architectures for evolving enterprise scale technologies
- Lead selection and use of networking technologies
- Coordinate operations of network and Disaster Recovery systems, including monitoring detailed usage, security, network system service levels, maintenance, turnaround, and response times, and initiate response activities.
- Oversee networkasset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine functional and network requirements for software, middleware and infrastructure.
- Define appropriate network policy and procedures. Lead policy development and work with cross functional teams to ensure policies align with business operations and risks.
- Assess network performance by conducting testing to ensure that appropriate controls have been designed and built within our networkinfrastructure.
- Perform network testing at a unit, functional, and system wide level.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of various network performance concepts and their impact on business operations.
- Conduct network monitoring and packet analysis uses tools like SolarWinds.
- Maintain, configure and optimize F5 BigIP load balancers.
- Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and provide technical support for other remote access technologies.
- Participate in "on call rotation" as part of 24 hour support team.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology or equivalent experience & training acceptable in lieu of degree
- 10 years of IT networkinfrastructure work experience
- CCNP or CCIE Certifications desired
- Solid understanding of industry-standard network technologies
- Strong understanding of networking and transport protocols (i.e. SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD).
- Ability to produce architecture diagrams and requisite documentation
- Extensive hands on experience and the ability to manage complex networking projects is required
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
Requisition ID : 1424