Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Senior Network Engineer for IT NetworkInfrastructure will shareresponsibility for the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of Teledyne’s network across 190 locations worldwide. The position will assist to design architecture for Teledyne’s network environment and work closely with the manager of the group to set strategy and direction for the team. This position will not have direct management responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- IT NetworkInfrastructure Policy, Process, and Standards – The position will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of network solutions consistent with IT policy, processes, and associated standards. This includes asset management and license compliance from both a hardware and software perspective. The position will also contribute to the development of network capacity planning.
- LAN – The position will be responsible for Local Area Networks and associated equipment (e.g. routers and switches) and othertechnologies (wireless, extranet’s, dmz’s, etc…) at each of Teledyne’s facilities. This includes the architecture, security, administration (configuration and setup), project and client needs.
- WAN – The position will be responsible for Wide Area Networks and associated equipment (e.g. routers and switches) and technologies (e.g. MPLS remote access, etc.). This will include architecture, security, administration (configuration and setup), project and client needs. This will also include interactions with service providers in the design, scheduling, and execution of circuit lifecycle activities.
- Security – The position will be responsible for providing technical knowledge to the IT security team on networksecurity matters to ensure corporate assets and information are protected from external threats.
- Lifecycle Refresh – The position will work closely with the manager to establish and execute lifecycle refresh plans for the network team and Teledyne businesses.
- General Support – The position will have support responsibilities specific to the most complex network / infrastructure problems. Support will require troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but will provide technical leadership to lower level technicians including carrying out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving technically related work problems. It also includes interaction with other technical teams (e.g. server team, client team, applications team, support team, etc.). Additionally, the position will assist the manager in managing vendor relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science/related field is desired with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Internet technologies (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc)
- Must have a thorough understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking
- CCNP Certification Preferred
- Excellent hands on experience with the following Products/Technologies:
- Cisco Catalyst series switches
- Cisco Nexus range of physical switches (5K, 7K, etc.)
- Cisco routers
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points
- Cisco IOS Software
- Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- Network Management Systems (SNMP, Netflow, Solarwinds, etc.)
- LAN/WAN links (Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS, VPN, etc.)
- Routing Protocols – OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Switching – L2 and L3 LAN switching technologies, VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- Application protocols (HTTPS, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SSL, etc.)
- Wireless Networking Technologies and Wireless LANsecurity
- DHCP and DNS Architecture
- Network Firewalls – NAT, PAT
- VMWare Virtualization
- Active Directory and DNS
- RADIUS/TACACS Protocols
- Apple IOS and Android Mobile Platforms
- Scripting and/or Programming knowledge
- PKI/Certificate Platforms
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Full knowledge of professional concepts and the ability to use this knowledge toward development of theories and methods
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Can organize and write about projects and prepare and present a coherent, confident, concise and articulate briefing, with minimal review needed. Proactively communicates knowledge to others, enhancing their work. Answers questions clearly and succinctly.
- US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance required
- Active Government Security Clearance preferred
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) greater than approximately 10%
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time using of close and color vision, the ability to adjust focus and perceive depth