We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. The position is responsible for the architecture, planning and supporting of the networkinfrastructure. The role reports to the Manager, Information Technology.
The ideal candidate will have experience with designing, implementing and managing complex networks in AWS environment as well as a strong technical background in Local and Wide area networks and be able to ensure LAN/WAN availability, performance and uptime and respond 24x7 to critical networkevents. The role reports to the Manager of Information Technology.
**We are currently not offering visa sponsorship for this opening.**
The Network Engineering team designs and monitors the Stamps.com functional and secure computer networks, including local area and multi-tenant networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the internet, intranets, and other data communication systems to provide maximum performance for their users.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to over 725 thousand customers, including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShippingEasy® and ShipWorks®. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 475 unique partner applications.
- Manage the company’s networking environment.
- Ensure security of all technology systems.
- Generate and distribute network operational status reports.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
- Manage the company’snetworking environment byapplying robust industry standards and best practices in AWS as well as physical Data Center setting.
- Directing system upgrade, installation, and configuration of switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting Cisco and Palo Alto Networks Firewall Environment, SSL and IPSec VPN technologies.
- Ensure security of all technology systems by managing and consistently updating a comprehensive security strategy.
- Generate and distributenetwork operational statusreports.
- Implement, configure and update the automated network, application, and security monitoring package to include proactive notifications.
- Respond to urgent technology-related situations.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, Math, Computer Science or Equivalent Experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in information technology-related positions.
- Hands on experience with architecting, deploying and managing a robust, fault tolerant and highly available networks in AWS
- Experience with hardware, software, scripting, automation, LAN administration and troubleshooting.
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert) or CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional) preferred or equivalent knowledge.
- Deep experience with networksecurity best practices – experience with PCI compliance is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a high availability and high transaction production/data center environment, preferably in ecommerce or telecommunications a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth experience and knowledge in the various layers of OSI model.
- A solid understanding of OSI model and how different technologies fit within this model.
- A sound understanding of the principles, practices, technology and infrastructurerequired to maintain network uptime of +99.99%.
- Strong analytical and communication skills – able to compartmentalize data and verify and or rule out certainties/uncertainties.
- Effective and precise verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, possess a meticulous attention to detail and comfortable working within strict operational boundaries and procedures.
- Sense of urgency and great perseverance for problem solving.
- Network technologies (VPCs/ACLs/SGs/ALB etc)
- Terraform/Cloud Formation
- Direct Connect, BPG, VPC peering, Route53 etc.
- IP routing; OSPF, EIGRP
- Ethernet (all flavors)
- Spanning-tree & associated technologies including BDPUs, MST, RPVST
- VLANs including VTP and 802.1q: Segregating servers or any network devices
- ACLs, standard, extended, reflexive.