You get to be part of a unique opportunity to prepare a mortgage loan servicer for the upcoming spike in activity due to the global pandemic. Your experience and skills in Infrastructure Engineering, specifically in an Azure/Cloud environment will be challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for supporting the firm’s Cisco and Azure networking technologies and back-end applications. Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the client’s on premises and cloud network infrastructure. Responsibilities include providing third level technical support for all infrastructure, network-based projects, network related devices platform maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution for the firm’s 24x7 environment. Always requires responsiveness (24x7) to the operational needs of the firm, system problems or outages, and availability for scheduled off hours maintenance.
- Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS) in both virtual and physical environments.
- Develops, documents, establish and manages IT best practices policies and procedures for Cloud-based network operations, support, security, and audit/testing needs.
- Performs moderately complex tasks relating to network design, configuration, monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
- Develops project plans for and assists in the implementation of all network implementation activities.
- Configures firewall rules, IPS monitoring, routing, and Virtual Private Networks.
- Tests and monitors connectivity and network performance for both on-premises and Azure environments.
- Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configuration changes.
- Monitors performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provides 24x7 network support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Adheres to established SLAs in responding to and completing service tickets, including providing a high level of customer support, detailed root cause analysis, and trouble reports for system outages. Adheres to established departmental operational policies and procedures.
- Acts as a point of contact for outside vendors / contractors during installation, production changes, and repair and/or removal of network equipment or services.
- Utilizes software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex network problems and issues affecting system performance.
- Assists in the development of network and BCP / DR documentation, including diagrams, equipment inventories and Departmental Procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years Network Engineer experience supporting critical core networking infrastructure such as Cisco Networking, LAN/WAN technologies (Cisco ASAs, Cisco FTD, Routers, Switches, WLC, Cisco VPN, VOIP) and Microsoft Azure based networking tools.
- In depth knowledge configuring L3 routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VLANS, NAT/PAT, ACLs, etc.).
- Understanding of network security, including IDS\IPS, Firewall and device vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of Cisco firewalls and other Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) equipment, preferably in both physical and cloud based environments (Azure).
- Understanding of SDWAN routing and connectivity (preferably using SilverPeak).
- 5+ years of Azure infrastructure deployment and networking experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, security standards and compliance issues (NIST / FFIEC guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley, GLBA, ISO 17799, Cobit V4.0, and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Proficient in other IT control areas (i.e., change management, SDLC, Operations).
Certificates and Licenses:
- Cisco CCNP (Required)
- CCIE (Preferred)
- Microsoft Azure Networking Design (Required)
About the Client
Our client specializes in loan resolution strategies designed to preserve home ownership and distressed asset rehabilitation.