DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with thelaunch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Dish Technologies is seeking an enterprise-wide Senior Network Engineer for our Englewood, CO location. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Software Test Engineering Operations the candidate is responsible for supporting the overall daily operation and project implementations ofour enterprise WAN/LAN network (in a HP and Cisco equipment environment).
- Actively participate in the daily operational activities/provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and performs independent complex system troubleshooting
- Provide strategic technical direction, roadmap design, installation, and configuration of all network based systems/services
- Research emerging technologies in the area of communication and collaboration, and maintain up-to date knowledge on vendors and their product lines
- Execute deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software
- Plan and execute network Infrastructure upgrade and migration activity and evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features
- Formulate and establish best practices and standards for the enterprise networking environment
- Improve operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features and development of processes and interface requirements
- Gather and update necessary information (projects and incidents) and communicates to appropriate parties/stakeholders
- Anticipate, prevent and eliminate problems and create efficient fixes for any patches/vulnerabilities
- Update documentation of the network topology and system
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior Network Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or equivalent amount of education (STEM degree) and experience
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an enterprise network environment
- Must have relevant Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP for example)
- Wifi setup, configuration and troubleshooting. Familiarity with Aerohive equipment.
- Strong networking experience with IP, LAN, WAN and Routing protocols and interoperability troubleshooting skills (voice, video, wifi, and data)
- Hands-on experience with most of the following; OSI model layers one through three, switching technologies, network analysis, 802.3, 802.11x, TCP, IP, Cisco IOS, link aggregation, Spanning Tree, Wireshark packet analysis, DNS, DHCP, and OSPF
- Strong linux background highly desired.
- Deep knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution