Work with the Technical Services R&D, Architecture and Implementation team. Will be responsible designing, create BOM and configuration for Networks that are targeted for deployment in Lotteries. Will need to interact with vendors to define technical solutions. Demonstrate a high degree of initiative with minimum supervision and must be able to work under stress and short timelines. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for developing and integrating all network communication requirements for the LAN/WAN. This includes (but is not limited to) firewalls, routers, switches, and networking components along with all software required to configure, operate and manage these devices and the network as a whole. The Senior Network Engineer provides support for all infrastructure issues related to the network.
Essential Job Functions:
• Gather complex network requirements to be used in creating highly reliable and scalable network designs.
• Review of post-mortem RFP, in order to provide final design on both cost and technology
• Prepare build of materials
• Configuration of networking equipment including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, cellular routers.
• Troubleshoot and optimize a variety of network and system topologies
• Lab builds and configuration.
• Produce detailed level design documents such as Visio diagrams, architecture definition documents, IP allocations, device descriptions and narratives describing the function of the design.
• Perform testing on network or systems, as required by the architects.
• Recommend network and systems hardware
• Management and interaction with major telecom providers
• Must be able to communicate orally and in writing with department, other company personnel and vendors to obtain and disseminate information, resolve discrepancies, respond to customer concern, and maintain good working relationships in the course of assigned work, and to offer training to users on telecommunications equipment.
• When assigned on call support responds to 24 hour/day, 7 day/week emergency call-outs to perform and/or facilitate emergency equipment repairs anywhere in the company wide telecommunications system.
• And other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or Telecommunications
• CCNA certification required
• CCNP and CCIE certification preferred
• 2 or more years of experience as a Network Engineer, implementing and documenting large-scale WAN/LAN networks.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or Telecommunication
• Cisco CCNP certification completed and current or relevant proven experience (Applicants will be tested). CCSP and CCIE are a plus
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, of Cisco routers, Switches, VPN appliances, Firewalls, load balancers, Nexus switches
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Security protocols (IPSec, SSL, TLS...).
• Knowledge and proved experience with VMware, Linux and Windows systems.
• Requires a high degree of organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Must be able to thrive in a high pace environment
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills. Analytical mind to solve problems.
• Self-starter that can research issues and new technologies with minimal supervision.
• Must be a TEAM player.
• Working independently with minimal supervision when required.
• Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
• Providing technical training to others.
• Competent in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point, etc.)
• Lifting boxes and equipment 10+ pounds
• Working on ladders.
• Working in, on, and or around raised computer flooring.
• Will require evening hours and may include up to 35% travel per year.