- Participate in technical research to enable continuing innovation within the network infrastructure.
- Serve as subject matter expert on routing and switching, firewalls, security, application delivery controller, web application firewall, intrusion prevention, software defined networking and network automation.
- Design and implement highly available solutions to industry best practices to minimize repair and recovery efforts and hardware or software failures.
- Utilize network scripting and automation to automate routine tasks.
- Troubleshoot complex incidents and problems, including escalation to appropriate to 3rd party vendor support, to drive root cause analysis.
- Responsible for researching technology solutions, vendors, products and costs.
- Manage vendors and hold them accountable to contractual SLA's and obligations.
- Submit and fulfill ITSM service requests.
- Design and implement highly available local and wide area network infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain configuration standards and operating procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors for technical support and upgrades.
- Submit and fulfill service requests.
- Respond to incidents and problems.
- Provide KPI and metrics for reporting.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of network infrastructure.
- Conduct after-hours maintenance.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Gather and analyze system log files.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Design and implement highly available solutions to minimize repair and recovery efforts and hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and collaborate with teammembers and service stakeholders.
- Provide assistance for escalated support cases and peer review for changes from Network Administrators 1 & 2 and Network Engineers I.
- Provide second tier support at engineering level to include investigation and troubleshooting.
- Perform regular systems hardening to maintain security standards.
- Monitor ITSM tickets and prioritize appropriately.
- Engineer disaster recovery and business continuity solutions and direct failover and testing efforts.
- Travel to remote offices up to 15% of the time.
- This position will be part of on call rotation supporting the production environment 24x7x365.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades after business hours including weekends.
- Other duties as required to ensure continuous operation of Infrastructure systems.
- Nine or more years of network experience in a multi-vendor complex environment.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching with nine or more years of experience with:
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco Switches
- Expert knowledge of network design with four or more years of experience with:
- Cisco design methodologies and objectives, addressing and routing protocols, and network expansion considerations within campus, data center, security, and wireless networks.
- Expert knowledge of wireless networks with four or more years of experience with:
- Aruba Networks
- Cisco Wireless
- Expert knowledge of security solutions with six or more years of experience with:
- Multi-vendor Firewalls and VPN
- Cisco ISE
6. Multi Factor Authentication.
7. Expert knowledge of application delivery controllers with six or more years of experience with F5 Big IP.
8. Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI Model.
9. Expert knowledge of networking protocols (e.g., SIP, RTP, TCP/IP, IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, QoS).
10. Expert knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP).
11. Expert knowledge of SNMP, log and packet capturing monitoring tools.
12. Expert knowledge of operating systems, servers and storage.
13. Expert knowledge of audit and security best practices (NIST, PCI, ISO)
14. Expert knowledge of Data Center standards including cabling, fire suppression, power and safety.