Our client, has a proven track record of over 30+ years of success with multiple locations. They are hiring an experienced Senior Network Engineer for their Salem, New Hampshire location.
The Senior Network Engineer provides technical leadership supporting an enterprise wide environment including networkinfrastructure, information security and compliance needs. The successful candidate will ensure highly available network designs and implementations of critical networkinfrastructure components. This position provides technical and procedural consistency within the team focused on the implementation, service delivery and support of products, systems & networks per approved changed window and architectural guidelines.
The Senior Network Engineer provides a working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance concerns, data protection, best practices, industry standards, security and risk frameworks including FDCPA, TCPA, COBIT, PCI-DSS, SOX, NIST and ISO 27001. This position takes an active role in securing and maintaining critical client and industry information and network security certifications.
- Network System Design and Implementation.
- Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems.
- Researches, analyzes and recommend implementation of solutions to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Capacity Planning: Analyzes utilization, throughput, and system interdependencies.
- Ensure disaster recovery planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Compliance Assessment & Remediation.
- Manages vendors in supporting services and products comprising networkinfrastructure.
- Administer all site and interoffice network systems, internet security, public DNS, web hosting support, Firewall, VPN, load balancers, router/switch, DHCP/TCP/SRTP/FTP/ services
- Coordinate office expansion and relocation, including ordering equipment, wire management,
- Patch panels, low voltage wiring
- Deploy and administer Solar Wind devices and similar technologies
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or NetworkEngineeringpreferred or equivalent experience.
MUST HAVE:4-6years progressive experience as a network engineer supporting complex Cisco architectures.
MUST HAVE: Working knowledge of data security practices, procedures and resilient architectures in a highly regulated industry.
MUST HAVE: Working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance concerns and financial industry standards (e.g. FDCPA, TCPA, COBIT, PCI-DSS, SOX, NIST and ISO27001).
MUST HAVE: Excellent understanding of network topologies, access controls, intrusion detection and related technologies.
MUST HAVE: Cisco, Juniper, HP and Palo Alto experience
- Expert-level understanding of Layer 2 and 3internetworking technologies.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP, access-control lists, policy-based routing, firewalls, peering, and DNS
- Have working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches including EIGRP/BGP/VRF routing concepts, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Hands-on network design and/or configuration experience with Cisco products (routers/switches).
- Solid understanding of securitytechnologies: IDS/IPS, SSL, VPN, firewalls.
- Ability to coordinate resources from othertechnology teams when necessary to complete project deadlines.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management framework.
- Perform after hours, weekend services as needed.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Stellar attention to detail, ability to take direction and carefully adhere to instructions.
- Experience in managing multiple processes/projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of relevant terminology, such as: threat, vulnerability, risk, asset, exposure, safeguards, etc.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of risk, IT and security controls, compliance, authentication, accountability, data security, disaster recovery and contingency planning.
- Ability to articulate technical processes, both oral and written, to different audiences and varying levels of complexity.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory and compliance terminology, such as: NIST, SANS, CISSP, COBIT, PCI, ISO, etc.
- Interpersonal / relationship building skills with technical and business personnel.
- Experience with documentation tools e.g., MS Visio, SharePoint, or like applications.
- Ability to manage work to fixed deadlines, and transparently and concisely report on work progress