ABS Technology is expanding and has a need for a talented and motivated Senior Network Engineer to join our Team in Roanoke, VA.
You will be responsible for deploying a wide range of networking infrastructure solutions. You will also act as an escalation point to solve networking cases. A successful candidate will be expected to understand networking best practices to assist in customer networking infrastructure assessments to include: design, implementation, and testing of R/S and security solutions.
THE DETAILS (WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR)
- Ensure successful delivery of projects by adhering to ABS, industry and vendor best-practices
- Communicate consistently and frequently with the ABS PMO on current project status
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
- Responsible for implementing network infrastructure for ABS clients, maintaining and supporting the network consisting of LAN, WAN, Wireless, VoIP, Firewalls, Security, VPN, etc.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Review and contribute to delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Maintains quality service by adhering to organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
THE ESSENTIALS (OBLIGATORY REQUIREMENTS)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- CCNP (CCIE written preferred with a scheduled lab)
- Technical fluency in:
- Fundamental Networking Security (Firewalls, VPN, etc)
- Core Route Switch (Basic Protocols)
- Wireless Networks (Fundamental configuration and troubleshooting)
- Basic Unix
THE NON-ESSENTIALS (BUT NICE TO HAVE)
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering) preferred
- CCIE Written and Lab.