$150K — $200K *
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services with innovative products that break down communication barriers for its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
Summary of Duties:
The Senior Network Engineer serves as a highly experienced resource across all network and network security-related areas. They will be responsible for network security, design proposals, deployments, operations support, and documentation. Within this scope, the configuration and administration of all Purple network systems and security endpoints will be vital. Advanced knowledge of security solutions, operating systems, application connectivity, and communications dependencies will be required. The Senior Network Engineer will mentor junior team members and advise management. This position provides opportunities to contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of old ones.
Senior Network Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure the availability of our services, from a networking and security perspective, always.
• Implement security policies and solutions on network firewalls.
• Administer, troubleshoot, and configure client endpoint security management solutions.
• Configure network switches, routers, and load balancers.
• Rotate task types with the team, encouraging knowledge transfers and team synergy.
• Provide network and security solutions indicative of experience and consideration for the future.
• Review existing deployments and share incite with the network team.
• Make recommendations for improving redundancy, eliminating single points of failure, automating failover, and reducing manual intervention.
• Plan and implement solutions to fit all assets to a standard configuration/setup template.
• Communicate regularly with team members and leadership.
• Be available and responsive during primary business hours.
• Be available for scheduled maintenance activities during nights and weekends.
• Serve as an escalation contact for high priority situations that occur after hours.
• Deliver organized, up-to-date, and readable diagrams/documentation
Senior Network Engineer Skills/Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
• 8+ years of network engineering background
• 3+ years in a Senior Network Engineer role or higher
• 5+ years of experience Cisco network experience
• Operational knowledge of SIP technology
• Advanced knowledge of common networking solutions e.g. BGP, eigrp, ospf, spanning-tree, LACP, mLACP, IPv4 Subnetting, VRFs, Private Vlans, CBAC, spine-and-leaf…
• Ability to configure, monitor, and maintain IPSEC VPNs, security policies, and other solutions with Cisco ASAs.
• Advanced knowledge of load balancing, redundancy, and DR solutions
• Advanced knowledge of packet sniffing tools and analyzing packet captures
• Advanced experiencing managing system endpoint protection solutions
• Experience configuring, deploying, or managing cloud solutions
• Excellent server knowledge, either Windows or Linux
• Cisco Certified – CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, or CCIE highly desired
• Available for mild to moderate after hours and on-call work
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Network automation and orchestration
• VMware, EXSi, vCenter, or Cisco UCS
• Crowd Strike management and administration
• Unifying management of firewall policies to a single portal
• American Sign Language (ASL) or interacting with the deaf community
• Regulated industries work such as telecommunications, finance or related businesses
• Working in a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) environment and using related tools
• Use of version control (SVN, RCS or other tools/methodologies)
• Dealing with database performance and scaling issues
• Employing creative thinking to solve problems
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Sitting, standing, and walking (95-100%)
• Keyboarding (40-60%)
• Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
• Lifting computers and other equipment.
• Position may require some travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only
Valid through: 4/29/2021