Senior Network Engineer
Working in close association with the NetworkInfrastructure team, the SR. Network Engineer will provide advanced technical skills and hands on shoulder to shoulder expertise as part of the Network team to:
- Serve as the networktechnologies Subject Matter Expert for the company
- Document, stabilize and operate the As-Built existing networkinfrastructure to improve uptime and reliability.
- Own and deliver high value/high impact international network projects
- Identify scope and create strategic Infrastructure improvement projects to meet business requirements for functionality, availability, capacity, operability and cost effectiveness.
- Drive documentation, team mentoring and training efforts on all aspects of the operation of the NetworkInfrastructure.
- Assist in IT Governance activities, including SOXaudits and SOC/ISO certifications
- Assist in identifying and vetting key vendors and technologies to improve efficiency and drive down costs.
- Comfortable and capable explaining technology and business requirements to internal cross functional stakeholders and vendors alike.
- Available and comfortable for less than 10% travel (including international) to remote data centers and points of service.
Responsibilities and Activities
This role will provide hands on Network support, on-call L2 support and support for escalated issues from other IT team members as well as other cross functional departments. You will resolve implementation and integration issues and communicate system requirements to meet business objectives.
Extensive hands on experience and expertise with the majority of our technology stack including:
- Routing, including WANtechnologies and protocols for secure internet, VOIP and video
- Firewalls, including Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Networks (including VPN services)
- Switching including Cisco Catalyst, Nexus and FEX
- Networkacceleration, including Silverpeak
- WiFi based on Cisco controllers and WAPs
- Networksecurity using Cisco ISE or similar technologies and IDS
- Cisco Unified Communications (UC) VOIP systems – On premises
- Cisco WebEx – On premises
- Cisco Video Conferencing (SX-series) – On premises
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)VMware v4 - 5.5 at multiple locations
- Network SIEM solutions based on Splunk, LogRhythm or similar enterprise grade security tools
- Dell VRTX
- EMC VNX and EMC Isilon
- Dell Powervault
- Windows core services including deep hands on experience and capabilities with AD (including GPO), Exchange, DNS, DHCP, DFS, file and print services in a multiple AD Forest environment running on Windows2003 through Windows2012.
- Enterprise monitoring platforms such as Solarwinds
Additional Desired Capabilities:
- An eagerness to learn new technologies with an eye to improving existing network systems capabilities and affordability.
- Understanding how technologies are integrated to produce efficient and effective business outcomes for all stakeholders is a key requirement.
- Proven ability to develop and improve the Network’s security posture at all layers.
- Successfully designed and delivered multiple Network projects for an International company.
- Knowledge of industry Best Practices
- How to rationalize and communicate Costs vs. Benefits and stick to the agreed on budget
- Effectively communicate, cooperate and collaborate across the both organization and our vendors
- Mandarin a plus
- German a plus
At least 10 Years of hands-on Network Engineering and Architecting skills with increasing responsibilities in specifying, implementing, monitoring and operating complex networkinfrastructures, preferably in a multi-national company. The candidate will be highly knowledgeable and hands on capable with enterprise grade Cisco based networks.
The candidate must be capable of standing up a remote branch office and establishing secure and reliable connectivity to multiple company locations worldwide ensuring monitor-ability, scalability and security are all professionally implemented and properly documented with a minimal of support and supervision.
- At least one current CCIE certification is highly desirable
- A 4-year technical degree or equivalent military or relevant industry experience with ongoing technical classes and training