Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Sr. Network Engineer! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit-group. We need some network engineering help to make business operations flow smoothly.
As a well-rounded Sr. Network Engineer, you should be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and relishes challenges outside of your comfort level! You will be touching some of the most cutting-edge network and optical equipment on the market, so you must come armed with well developed problem solving skills. Also needed is a willingness to take risks and learn new technologies as soon as (or ) they come to market.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Troubleshoot any issue related to overall network health, be it backbone or customer facing, hardware or software
- Perform turn-ups of new circuits with both customers and vendors
- Monitor overall network health (logging and metrics) for any potential issues
- Schedule maintenance windows for code upgrades, capacity augmentation, or other
- potentially impacting network changes
- Upgrade / replace hardware across the network, working directly with the network architects
- Respond to and work to resolve customer issues via phone, chat, or support tickets, during work hours or during rotating
- Provide feedback on improving automated system tools that support the network
- And of course, since this is a startup, we aren’t just asking you to wear one hat. When you get a break, you can assist any of our other teams!
WHAT YOU BRING:
The right candidates will most likely have a CS degree and have a strong background working in large scale telecommunication environments, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
- Candidate should have extensive experience with routing protocols (IS-IS, BGP, MPLS), common network designs, and best practices found in large scale service provider, data center, and cloud networks
- Expert level understanding of various Layer 2 interconnect technologies, their applicable uses and typical industry implementations, including but not limited to L2VPN and EVPN/VXLAN
- Abundance of hands-on experience with carrier class routers (Juniper, Cisco)
- Understanding of optical transport equipment and its underlying technologies.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting both long-haul and regional/metro DWDM networks
- Experience with major datacenter providers (Equinix, Digital Realty Trust, Coresite, etc).
- Familiar with facility interconnection methods and use of “remote hands” for installations and troubleshooting
- Intermediate-plus understanding of current ‘off box’ provisioning and operational tooling
- Experience with Python, shell scripting, and netconf
- Experience with managing your own tasks and projects, and a highly organized mindset
- Extreme customer facing mindset, with the ability to communicate with customers when under intense pressure
- Not too big for the small jobs, not too small for the big jobs