NES is searching for a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and documenting network solutions. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects to maintain, modify, and redesign complex networkarchitectures in an unclassified environment. Candidate will act as a senior technical POC for a range of tasks on the project. All work will be carried out for the Department of Defense; therefore, a candidate with a current active clearance would be highly preferred. This position will require travel as the project dictates, with an average of approximately 20-25%.
This position requires expert technical background in the IT networking industry, in particular, aspects like configuration, design, implementation and troubleshooting of large complex DOD enterprise networks. Candidate will be working with a team of engineers to sustain, configure, design, document, and deploy an enterprise network for a DoD agency in alignment with DoD’s migration to JIE (JRSS, MPLS, ICAN, Cloud).
Primary duties include:
- Leading projects involving multiple engineers of varying skill levels.
- Providing technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation.
- Training and mentoring other engineers as needed.
- Designing and validating engineering implementation efforts.
- Creating manuals, support documentation, and knowledge archives for all projects undertaken.
- Optimizing existing networks by adjusting network parameters, recommending network improvements, and evaluating new technologies as they relate to the customer network.
- Develop and sustain NMS tools and establish monitoring policies and signatures associated with new designs and implementations.
- Participate in a rotating weekly on-callschedule.
- Ensure proper capacity planning in concert with network architectural designs and migrations.
- Expert hands-on working experience with as many of the following as possible: routers (Cisco preferred), Cisco Nexus switch platforms, F5 load balancers/application delivery controllers, Palo Alto Firewalls, compute and storage technologies including fabric interconnects, UCS, MDS switches, VNX arrays, and VMware deployments.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and associated routing protocols such as (M)BGP, OSPF, ISIS, etc
- Expert knowledge of MPLS protocols and services such as LDP/RSVP, L2 and L3 VPNtechnologies, 6PE/6VPE, etc
- Strong knowledge of DISA STIG guidance and experience implementing DISA STIGs to secure DoD enclaves.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies and architectures, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Competence with MS Visio and Powerpoint to update and maintain network design documentation, and develop design plans to be populated among various engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of JIE concepts such as Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), MPLS, and Installation Campus Area Network (ICAN) standards is preferred.
- Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to effect network design deployments.
- Proven capability to lead engineering teams on complex deployments.
- Excellent ability for clear and concise oral and written communication; capability to interface at multiple levels and successfully present technical information
- Extensive experience with enterprise network design and sustainment, to include routing, switching, data center, and cloud technology areas.
- Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
- Capacity to track, guide, and when necessary mentor multiple teams simultaneously.
- Strict attention to detail; Adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; Ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently
- CCNP certification required, CCIE preferred in Routing/Switching, Data Center, or Service Provider areas.
- 8570 IAT II compliance required (CompTIA Security +), 8570 IAT III compliance preferred (CompTIA CASP, CISSP, etc).
- Current DOD Top Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.