The Senior Network Engineer supports the design, testing, implementing and monitoring of enterprise Network infrastructure/Operations. This role is an individual-contributor, enterprise-wide role that works closely with and advises other IT and engineering teams on design, deployment, support and monitoring of network systems. The Senior Network Engineer will be the leader for network architecture, design, implementation and operation.
- Provide technical inputs and evaluate new and emerging network and technologies addressing the gaps identified.
- The Senior Network Engineer leads all aspects of network routing & switching design, architecture and equipment lifecycle. Design and implement network improvements to improve network performance, capacity and scalability.
- Leads the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability with minimal interruption. Provides technical support, responds to work orders and tickets from the users, analyzes and solves reported network problems.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Developing and maintaining network architecture drawings and documentation. Support network compliance and risk management activities.
- Review network monitoring tools and responding to alerts.
- Part of the team responding to network incidents.
- Lead RCA analysis and publish RCA reports as appropriate.
- Perform network vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and countermeasures; provide timely assessment reports to key stakeholders. Update network equipment to latest firmware releases.
- A member of the 24/7 network operational support team.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training related to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General policies and procedure for compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a status on Natera training requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience, which includes a minimum of 5+ years of experience working with Network Design and Operations.
- Current Industry certificates: PNSE, CEH, Security+, CCNA/CCNP etc. preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with networks, firewalls, IDS/IPS, Linux OS/Windows OS administration.
- Specific experience with Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, Meraki and Cisco networking products is desirable. Practical knowledge of fundamental networking controls including L3 and L7 firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of security principles in all areas of IT infrastructure. Knowledge of Internet security and networking protocols. Understanding of commonly used network protocols.
- Experience with cloud security and cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of major security vendors and security product capabilities.
- Knowledge of operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows).
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times.