$130K - $140K(Ladders Estimates)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Implement management's focus on supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining the Credit Union's Network infrastructure.
• Support policies and procedures to architect, install, configure and maintain physical and virtual infrastructure.
• Write and review policies with management to document and maintain the integrity of the network. • Work with Server and Security teams to develop a cohesive network in-line with their requirements. • Provision and support all network access to include but not exclusive to Firewall rules, IPSec tunnels, VPN, third party connections, and internal access.
• Support and provision F5 load balancer infrastructure.
• Patch and update network infrastructure to ensure software is at appropriate versions and service pack levels. • Manage and maintain backups and DR services related to Network infrastructure.
• Maintain, monitor and diagnose work issues impacting network infrastructure, coordinating necessary business areas or vendors to achieve the most efficient problem resolution with least impact to the business. • Provide scheduled reporting to management on health of infrastructure.
• Manage scheduling and review of staff duties to include coaching on policy and procedures when required.
• Provide management reporting on staff performance to include reviews. • Work with team to proactively ensure proper performance, integrity and capacity of infrastructure.
• Maintain focus on patching and antivirus updates for servers.
• Work with PM, Business areas and vendors to implement new infrastructure or update existing infrastructure supporting the business.
• Review/administer user add/change/delete process across all o/s platforms via AD, LDAP, local policy and network rules.
• Support other IS areas such as Desktop and Operations.
• Ensures SLA's are met on projects and tickets.
• Interact directly with Business Development Team to provide technical analysis and scope for projects.
• Ensure weekend and after hours coverage is maintained and serving the needs of the business.
• Complete all required Bank Secrecy Act related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to cash handling (CTR filing) and identifying and reporting possible suspicious activity.
• Assist all areas as necessary or required by IS Manager, taking a lead role in implementing their vision. • Mentor staff on best practices and new technology.
• Provide recommendations on improving infrastructure and process's.
• Manage resources and coordinate tasks for large scale projects. • Work with staff and management to mitigate delays and issues related to the teams work load.
• Support and maintain physical connections to sites
• Manage third party vendors
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Manager(s).
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s). Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Job Competencies:
• Oral and written communication skills • Customer service orientation • Ability to propose solutions and present them in a professional manner to users with a varying degree of technical knowledge
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while adapting to changing needs and continue towards meeting deadlines and providing service excellence
• Dependable and reliable, open to change and feedback • Ability to work effectively in high pressure, business critical situations
• High quality work standards and output • Adapt well to changes in assignment and priority • Ability to work effectively in high pressure, business critical situations
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor\u0027s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or Electrical Engineering is required • CISCO certified training perferred such as CCNP, CCNA
• Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN Network Engineering (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and IP protocols)
• Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP4, and EIGRP) and enterprise class switches-router management (Cisco 6509, Nexus 7000, 3560G, 3750G, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900, 7200, and 7300 series), large scale switch fabric design, and configuration and management (6500 / Nexus series)
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Routing, MPLS, HSRP, VRRP, BGP4, OSPF, SSL VPN, QoS, RSA authentication, SNMP, POS, PPP, NAT/PAT, TACACS+, NAC, DS3, and OC-3/12 is essential
l • Thorough understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree
• Familiarity with enterprise firewall management: Cisco PIX/ASA, Secure Computing - McAfee Sidewinder, Microsoft ISA 2006, Cisco Network Access Control (in-band and out-of-band), and WAN Technologies (DS and OC circuits, MPLS / BGP / VRF, and VPN over internet - IPSEC / GRE / DVPN)
• WAN cache and compression technology (Riverbed), W2K3-K8 Domain, DHCP, and DNS Server management • Cisco Works LAN Management Suite and Cisco Security Manager
• Experience with Voice analog and digital (Avaya PBX, integrated, and unified IP voice mail), VoIP and video communications (SIP, H.323 bridged, point-to-point, and streaming)
• Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and CIS/NSA security practices
Valid Through: 2019-10-14