Senior Network Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Information Services
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME
Must have Aruba
They are currently on Cisco going to Juniper so Juniper preferred but Cisco ok.
Does not need Infloblox though it is a huge plus. They will train them on it.
The Senior Network Engineer is a functional position reporting to the Head of NetworkEngineering. This position is responsible for all aspects of Networking including technology, process, people and vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
- 10+ years of enterprise-level information technologyexperience highly desired, Cisco CCIE or Juniper JNCIE and Infoblox certifications a definite plus
- Evaluate, design and maintain the most highly technical and complex aspects of existing and proposed network solutions. This includes WAN, LAN, IPAM, VPN and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Designs, oversee implementations, assist with troubling shooting outages, and maintain highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business requirements
- Maintain key Network devices on day-to-day bases
- Partner with 3rd party teams and managed service providers
- Lead simple to complex projects start to finish with proper documentation (SOW's, As Builds, Diagrams)
Essential Technical Skills:
- Expert level experience with logical design models (Routing, QOS, L2/L3 designs, VPC, VDC, VSS, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, MC-LAG, MLAG, Leaf and Spine, VXLAN, Multi-cast).
- Level 3 support and trouble-shooting experience
- Expert Level knowledge configuring of CISCO\Juniper\Aruba\Infoblox Networkinfrastructure devices and methodologies (routers, switches, load-balancers, WAN optimization devices etc)
- Experienceworking with or implementing SDN technologies such as NSX, ACI etc.
- Experience with Data Center Migration and Data Center Replication methodologies.
- Experience configuring or working with Private and Public Cloud environments such as Vblock, AWS, Azure
• Degree or Diploma in computer science or business systems and seven or more years of progressively responsible related experience in information technology services or graduation from a two-year college or university with a degree in computer science or business systems and 10 or more years of progressively responsible related experience in information technology services or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities