AboutWeb is searching for a Senior Network Engineer responsible for surveying, designing, implementing, and documenting network solutions. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects ranging from basic installations to complex facility upgrades. Candidate will act as a technical POC for a range of tasks on the project. Act as the technical POC, directly supporting the Project Manager at technical meetings and briefings. Candidate will work as part of a team on projects ranging from basic installations to complex routing solutions. The work will be performed in the Continental United States and overseas. The candidate must have, and maintain, a SECRET clearance. The position requires travel up to 75%.
Position will perform the following duties:
- Site Survey Support Activities – Includes participation in site surveys to produce a distinct work package (for implementation actions) which outlines the specific tasks required, provides all the necessary engineering and supporting documentation (floor space diagrams, rack/equipment diagrams, network diagrams, connectivity tables, etc.), and provides all of the installation-specific equipment and materials to enable successful execution by field technicians. Work packages include the required Bill of Materials (BOM) to support implementation activities.
- Circuit Optimization – Includes the analysis, planning, design, implementation, transition, and troubleshooting of networkcircuit configurations to optimize use of network resources.
- Network Optimization/Upgrades – Includes the analysis of existing network configurations, identification of end-of-life components, and the design and documentation of network upgrades to replace or remove those components and optimize network configurations
- Documentation – Includes the development of circuit and network diagrams, with varying levels of detail, for use in engineering plans, stakeholder briefings and other project artifacts; development of detailed transition plans that accurately describe the method of procedure for migrating services from legacy technologies to new
- Implementation/Activation – Includes supporting the installation, testing and activation of engineered solutions through acceptance by the customer; directing troubleshooting efforts and interacting with manufacturer's technical support to resolve complex issues
- Expert technical background in the IT networking industry and hands-on experience working with switches (Brocade and Cisco), routers (Cisco and Juniper), firewalls, etc…
- Expert knowledge of MPLS protocols and services, such as: L2VPN, L3VPN, Spanning Tree, MSTP, 6PE/6VPE
- Thorough knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet – 100G, 40G, 10G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM etc.)
- Working knowledge of VoIP and 802.1X
- Ability to design, model and engineer transport and network systems
- Ability to coordinate solutions with customers and provide support for testing, engineering, design and implementation issues
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, documents, or governmental regulations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years' experience in network engineering, design and implementation (desired)
- Experience with multiple carrier network types and technologies
- Experience with network and application security devices (CISCO and Juniper routers, Brocade and CISCO switches, firewalls, load balancers IPS/IDS, etc.)
- Experience designing and troubleshootingNetworks and resolving complex problems
- Experience with Visio and othernetwork design and documentation tools
- Specialized technical education in network and security areas. Technical vendor certifications – JNCIA/CCNA,