The Senior Engineer II will service new and existing accounts in our Data Centers and on customer’s sites. The candidate must be able to operate in a professional work environment by analyzing issues that arrive via ticketing system, telephone, or e-mail. Must be able to quickly resolve customer issues, or make the determination to escalate the support issues when needed. Candidate must be highly motivated to handle multiple issues at once. Candidate will need to have the ability to deal with internal and external persons in the support process to ensure customers’ needs are met.
Monitors and maintains systems to ensure Global Service Center Team achieves the highest level of availability at all times. Will provide feedback to the team members and team lead. Reports directly to the Director of Global Service Center.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and othernetwork devices
- Assist in writing and updating of documentation related to department responsibilities.
- Assist in maintaining and updating systems related to department responsibilities.
- Interact and coordinate respectfully with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Participate in daily activities within department and ensure fantastic over-the-top customer service.
- Interpret and prioritize customer requests and issues.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times and quickly adapts to change.
- Continually work with the team and ensure the security of all cloud platforms.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Ensure compliance with company internal policies and customer's policies.
- Recommend solutions to correct issues and faults.
- Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
- Improves the hardware or software technology environment
- Demonstrates and proves hardware or software technology concepts to other engineers and architects
- Works with remote teams and individuals to resolve issues effectively
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Assists in the development of engineers.
- Leads hardware or software technology projects
- Develops and implements product development strategies
- Influences the direction ofEngineering within the organization
- Leads hardware or software technology strategy development and implementation
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- 5years of proven industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related experience
- Professional certifications (e.g. CCNP, CCDP or equivalent certifications with Juniper, Brocade, Arista)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS, EOS)
- In-depth understanding and strong knowledge of network communications protocols including:
- TCP/IP, LACP, MPLS, DWDM, OC carrier, BRI/PRI, MPLS, SONET, T1, DS3, PPP, VPN/DMVPN, etc.
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP,GSLB, DNS, DHCP, proxies (forward and reverse), security protocols (IPSec, SSL, etc.), time protocols (e.g. NTP), tag and label switching.
- Knowledge implementing and supporting SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS, SYSLOG?Experience with access control list (ACLs), VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), Quality of Service (QoS) and IP routing.
- Familiarity with access control models and networksecurity
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Ansible)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Exceptional organizational and mentoring skills
- Expert communications skills both verbal and written
- Expert Troubleshooting skills
Do you want to join the most talented team in the industry? We are looking for a creative, collaborative, entrepreneurial-like spirit who thrives in innovation and a fast pace environment. The salary for this position is highly dependent on experience and negotiable for the right candidate.
Green House Data offers outstanding competitive benefits! Want to know more?
Here are just some of the things that we can offer you:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (YOU take the time you need)
- 8 Day Holiday Pay
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employer Contributed 3 Tier Medical Plan Options
- Employer Contributed Dental Plan
- 100% Employer-Paid Vision Plan
- 100% Employer-Paid Short Term Disability Plan
- 100% Employer-Paid $50, Life Insurance Plan including AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability Plan
- Voluntary Benefits including; Accident, Critical Illness, and Medical Bridge Options
- Additional Supplemental Life Insurance Plan including Spouse and Children
- 3% Employer Match Simple Retirement IRA Plan
- Life Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Green Initiatives
- Training and Development Programs
- Employee Events
- 100% Employer Paid Gym Membership
- AND MORE...
Green House Data is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.