Govplace is seeking a full time, on-site Network Senior Engineer/Team Lead to provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for network support activities. Support will be provided to the Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (EITSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) in Brunswick, Georgia. The successful candidate will be customer-focused, responsive, reliable, and detail-oriented with solid leadership, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
What They will Do
- Work productively, independently, multi-task and manage priorities effectively.
- Experience in prioritizing network outages, projects and tasks while providing technical assistance and resolution to teams in order to maintain, troubleshoot and repair network infrastructure.
- Ability to design and implement operational network systems and prototypes according to current and future engineering data and Government requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of network principles, protocols and design to evaluate and provide optimal network performance.
- Ability to collaborate with Network and System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and resolve technical issues with OneNet Engineering personnel within the entire DHS network topology including the DHS Data Centers (DC).
- Ability to review and make technical recommendations to all Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) packets prior to submittal.
- Ensure recommendations are coordinated and understood by local, OneNet and DC personnel, and implemented correctly during network rollouts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What They will Need
The Network Senior Engineer/Team Lead should have a Bachelor's Degree with a major in engineering, computer science, communications and/or related field in addition to a minimum of five years of detailed technical experience in network engineering or related field within the last seven years.
An active Secret Security Clearance is required.
- CCNA or equivalent certification
- Experience working with FLETC