This position will act as a Sr. member of a team of Network Engineers. Although a broad range of experience is important the most critical skills for this individual will be strong experience with scripting, and F5’s in particular. A willingness to work with new technologies and act as a leader within the team is a must. The general environment is blended and this engineer would be expected to be able to work with and troubleshoot issues across the various network platforms. These include Cisco, F5, Arista, and Palo Alto. Candidates must be self-starters, comfortable with spending occasional time in a data center, and have the ability to work independently.
- Implement new network hardware and software as needed including load balancers, firewalls, routers, switches and intrusion prevention devices.
- Seek out and correct security shortcomings, experience with products such as Nessus, Saint, and the many online tools.
- Meet with other teams throughout the company to discuss and propose new projects and new potential directions in network specific projects.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues in a high speed critical uptime environment; experience with Wireshark and other sniffing tools a must.
- Act a senior escalation point for research and team education throughout the WAN and LAN.
- Configure, test, and manage critical network data center and WAN infrastructure across an international network
- Deploy infrastructure network technologies consistent with corporate standards and in collaboration with Enterprise IT architects
- Maintain standard technical, support, operational and security documentation
- Act a higher level support during incident response activities
- Capable of working independently in a high paced highly dynamic environment
- Advanced computer skills from a Network WAN and VOIP perspective
- Experience with the management, configuration, change control, incident resolution, and engineering solutions on F5 LTM, APM, and GTM appliances with irules
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL and process management
- 5 or more years supporting LAN/WAN Wireless networks and VOIP in large (1000+ user) environments
- Hands-on experience implementing, administrating, and troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers devices.
- Internet based IPSEC and SSL VPN tunnel experience
- Some experience in one or more scripting languages and Linux or other Unix variants
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network mode, Ethernet, HTTP, and TCP/IP
- Some experience with IP routing OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and WAN technologies
- Strong level of knowledge with LAN switching and VLANs including VRF’s.
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP based services, including DNS, NHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- MPLS, Point 2 Point L2, and VPLS mesh network experience helpful
- Experience with SIEM, Logging, and support software a plus
- Experience with Cisco ASA, and Palo Alto Firewalls a plus
- Experience with Linux variants, AD, and other OS’s a plus
- Experience with various advanced and developing technologies such as Citrix, VMWare, UCS, OTV, and LISP a plus
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.