Senior Network Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Veritas Collaborative is currently seeking a skilled Senior Network Engineer in Durham, NC.
About Veritas CollaborativeVeritas Collaborative is a specialty hospital system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based,and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
Our CultureWe are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons witheating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving theworld a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
Position:Under the supervision of IT leadership, designs and plans networked voice & data communication systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for themost efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts advanced testing of network and computer hardware and software interconnection andinterfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reportson new data communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Participates indesigning, engineering, documenting, and coordinating recommended changes to system architectureto accommodate technology upgrades and performance problems/issues. Responsible for assisting with, or leading projects as assigned. Produces and executes all procedures pertaining to administration, backup, and maintenance of all servers and network devices. Responsible for monitoring networkperformance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes willneed to be made in the future. Evaluates, installs, configures, and maintains network hardware, andsoftware including operating systems to the most current approved levels. Works to ensure all configurations and modifications are documented. Provides administration and support for all networkprotocols. Responsible for administration for all servers and devices on the Veritas Collaborativenetwork. Participates in customer, contract, and vendor meetings as required. Collaboration withtechnical staff, applications development and support, computer operators and all levels of Veritas staff is required.
- Designs, plans, and documents network architecture changes and new additions
- Provides detailed information for hardware & software selection, implementation techniques, andtools
- Strong understanding of hospital business processes and technical hospital information systems computing environments for both voice and data
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements purchased hardware and operating system software comparing it to the system requirements
- Utilizes strong functional and technical knowledge or other necessary resources to resolve complexnetwork infrastructure problems
- Provides adequate documentation of system processes and procedures
- Prepares, documents, tests, and maintains disaster recovery processes
- Participates in setting the strategic direction and standards for the network and desktop computing environments and plans for the technology implementation
- Works to ensure network hardware and software licenses and renewals are maintained
- Establishes, documents, and maintains network and domain schema
- Provides test plans and environments for IT projects and systems
- Produces and maintains effective system back-up procedures according to retention schedules
- Participates in customer, contract, and vendor meetings
- Evaluates and reports on new data communications technologies to enhance capabilities of thenetwork
- Participates in designing, engineering, documenting, and coordinating changes to systemarchitecture
- Leads technical projects as assigned, helps train subordinates when necessary
- Complies with software version control processes and procedures
- Identifies, and implements necessary network designs to meet all requirements and compliance
- Recommends, designs, configures, and implements technical solutions to satisfy business needs
- Maintains inventory of parts and spare inventory for daily repairs and projects
- Analyzes capacity, performance, and trends of computing resources and proactively addresses potential capacity and performance issues
- Upholds a high standard for network management and security to ensure maximum deterrenceand prevention of unauthorized access to corporate IT resources
- Provides input to the technical services area budget including hardware and software procurementand maintenance
- Provides project status reporting in both verbal and written format as required
- Provides timely problem resolution progress updates to end-users and management until full resolution has occurred, escalates issues on a timely basis, follows IT problem escalation procedure
- Analyzes, prioritizes, and resolves hardware and software problems and documents resolutions. Continuously monitors work order system for reported issues. Closes work-orders on a timely basis
- Documents support calls so problem determination and solutions can be identified upon re-occurrence, identifies recurring incidents as problems and notifies management accordingly
- Ensures every work-order, support email, or phone call has been reviewed before leaving for theday. All incidents and requests must be acknowledged with user and appropriate priority andresolution expectations established
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Six or more years of networked systems experience within the Information Technology field
- Prefer experience in a healthcare setting. Experience in other industries with high compliance requirements a plus
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer technology field preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Appropriate certifications and/or strong knowledge in multi-platform operating environments,network hardware, software, design, and configuration, data storage solutions, VMWare ESXi, andData Center operations including cooling and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Moderate knowledge of technical project management
The right people will have all of the following attributes:
- Ability to quickly and independently process ideas and implement changes
- Critical thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Flourish in a collaborative team environment
- Creativity, Flexibility and Resilience
- Kind, sensitive, compassionate, and genuine person
At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid-Time Off and 401(k).