Candidate will work in a team environment to analyze Department of Defense (DoD) system architectures, to include Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (AISR), video technologies, networking and satellite communications. Performs complex network engineering tasks. Responsible for engineering, testing and implementing technical solutions for major DoD programs. Candidate will provide real-time support of deployed systems on an as needed basis. Candidate will develop, updated, and review installation engineering plans, cut-over plans, and conceptual network architectures. Provides status of the project to managers and clients on a regular basis. Candidates selected are subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Job Details:
- Performs network engineering tasks to design, implement and test Internet Protocol (IP) network solutions for LAN and WAN environments.
- Interact with multiple DoD programs, engineers and application developers to design and implement solutions for IT and video related system architectures
- Test and evaluate new products which satisfy customer requirements
- Investigate new technology or approaches that improve system performance or reduce system costs
- Develop engineering plans and work breakdown structures
- Provide technical expertise on the integration of IT systems
- Develops network requirements, specification preparation, test plans, deployment and upgrade plans.
- Participates in the analysis, design, and test of new IP based equipment and configurations for new or existing networks.
- Proposes upgrades to existing network architectures and configurations.
- Performs integration testing.
- Participates in management of network configurations.
- Conducts Tier III Operations and Maintenance support to identify severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Remains current on LAN and WAN network product developments and improvements.
- Develops and executes test procedures for various network projects
- Develops and deploys network traffic reporting tools
- Proactively evaluates network performance and utilization trends
- Troubleshoots and analyzes network issues, failures and congestion
- Helps resolve production problems in a deployed environment
- Responds to system problems on a 24 x 7 basis and take part in on-call rotation
- Performs packet level analysis with network protocol analyzer software tools
- Must have strong communication skills
- Military experience a plus
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Four year college degree ( i.e. Computer Science) or other technical field preferred; five or more years of experience in networking and systems maintenance and operation.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and ability to provide professional customer service.
- Must be able to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of communication protocols, general data center networking concepts, switches, routers, and other communication devices