Senior Network Engineer
Shape your future
The senior network engineer will work as part of a network support and security team to design, deploy, monitor, and maintain CONMED’s enterprise network with a strong focus on firewalls (NGFW), overall networksecurity, and network route/switch configurations. The engineer will assist in the day to day operations of enterprise systems including corporate, cloud, and data center infrastructures.
CONMED is a leader in medical technology. We empower healthcare providers worldwide to deliver exceptional outcomes for patients. If you are committed to making a difference and delivering exceptionalresults, you'll find a group of people here that shares your passion for meaningful work. You'll be supported by a leadership team that promotes engagement through professional development, new challenges and growthopportunities over the course of your career. Come inspire us through your dedication, creativity and exceptional performance - we'll do the same for you!
• As a networking expert with a strong technical foundation, operate and maintain our corporate network and help other subject matter experts best utilize network resources.
• Work in a team environment and monitor the health and wellness of devices on our networks.
• Provide excellent client service while evaluating enhancements to the global networks by making use of technical knowledge, experience, and an in-depth understanding of switching, routing, and data flows.
• Resolve issues by taking the appropriate corrective action, or following the appropriate escalation procedures.
• Patch and upgrade switches, routers, wireless systems, proxy servers, NTP servers and firewalls at all our global offices.
• Manage secure configurations on switches, wireless systems, proxy servers and firewalls at all locations.
• Manage configurations and patches on global DNS servers.
• Monitor, debug and resolve infrastructure issues (routing, network hardware/proxy servers, configuration, WAN outages, firewalls, performance issues) and work with our global carriers to resolve issues in a 24 x 7 environment.
• Manage and support Cisco Prime, FireSight Manager and ISE platforms in order to monitor, analyze and respond to security incidents and issues.
• Work with vendors to maintain service contracts on all critical network equipment and security systems.
• Monitor network utilization and upgrade circuits as required to maintain the efficiency of the global network.
• Support and maintain all network systems documentation (procedures, processes and vendor information).
• Project Management of new network installations and upgrades.
Leave your footprint
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, or a related field is strongly preferred. Candidates who do not meet this requirement may be considered qualified based on equivalent technical training and progressive work experience.
• Cisco CCNA certification and CCNA Security certification strongly preferred.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in a Cisco centric wide area network environment required, including experience with designing, building and monitoring routers and switches, deploying and managing firewalls/routers, and deploying and managing multi-site VPN solutions.
• Understanding of IPv4, IPv6 and 802.11a/b/c and N wireless protocols, firewall rule sets.
• Understanding of Cisco management and security software including but not limited to; Prime, FireSight Manager, FirePower, ISE and TACACS+.
• Ability to work independently and solve complex problems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends based on business needs.