The Senior Network Engineer performs complex technical analysis of network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various transmission systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- Configure, monitor, operate, and troubleshoot routed and switched networks.
- Troubleshoot and maintain WAN, LAN, NAT, VPN, ACLs, ACI, VLANS, IPV4, WLAN administration, static routing, EIGRP, BGP, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ASA, Cisco Aironet, and other equipment as necessary.
- Performs complex analysis of hardware and software configurations to ensure Audit and Regulatory compliance.
- Document non-routing and technically complex solutions.
- Align technical solutions with the needs of the business.
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis.
- Participate in operational network projects.
- Collaborate with other team members to help solve problems which arise.
- Complete educational requirements as deemed necessary by management.
- Monitor ticket queues and troubleshoot issues as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5-7 years network engineering experience in large, complex, network environments.
- 5-7 years experience with routing protocols such as BGP and EIGRP.
- 5-7 years experience with switching technologies (STP, VPC, etc.).
- Ability to understand a complex network with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco routers/switches, Cisco VPN, and F5 Load balancing.
- Professional-level Cisco certification (e.g., CCNA, CCDP, CCNP), preferred.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills.