The Senior Network Engineer position within Shared Services Engineering Data Center Network team is responsible for the network infrastructure in support of our SSE and internal technology organizations. This position requires a thorough understanding of WAN and LAN technologies, telecommunications providers, and various enterprise network and telecom solutions and services. The Senior Network Engineer is focused on the disciplines of architecture, design, integration, implementation, operation and administration of network components and configuration as it pertains to physical infrastructures. Senior Network Engineers analyze, design, install, configure, stabilize, optimize, and maintain Cerner's internal network infrastructure and related technologies and equipment. They monitor network status, network connectivity, switch operation, firewalls, load balancing technology, and router configuration using various utilities and commands. Senior Network Engineers provide direction and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations. Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of network engineering work experience
- Advanced knowledge of campus and datacenter networking
- Familiarity with EIGRP and BGP
- Experience with Cisco & Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience implementing end-to-end QoS in an enterprise LAN environment
- Experience operating in a multi-vendor network environment
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring, security, and network analyzer tools.
- Enterprise DNS & DHCP experience
- Experience with ACI
- Current CCNA, or comparable, certification
- Must be willing to reside or relocate to Kansas City
- Willing to work additional or irrational hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)