$200K — $250K *
What’s in it for you?
When you join Celestica, it’s more than just a job. It’s about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do every day, and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
The Senior Network Engineer role is primarily a technical data support function - although a significant part of your responsibilities will include managing and maintaining network devices on the customer premises. The tasks would be performed during regular business hours; however, we are looking for flexibility with working off hours as much of the release activity will be preformed after hours and on weekends.
Candidates will be expected to work to several key performance indicators: SLA targets, capacity management and customer visits/communications.
• Install, maintain and configure network hardware and equipment, routers and switches
• Manage, Monitor, and support Cisco network devices
• Foster and develop a trusting relationship with the customer as well as internal resources, and be the customer advocate
• Monitor and analyze the network perform
• Formally document change requests and manage the changes
• Working within strict timelines around SLA targets as agreed to by the customer
• Work with other team members to implement changes
• Responsible for Cisco support
• Extensive experience in the design of local area and wide area networks. Complexity of projects ranges from simple projects with minimal risks/ uncertainty to medium level projects with some high impact risks and multiple project variables with uncertainty.
• Excellent understanding of IP, MPLS, WAN, Ethernet, Wireless networking technologies.
• Experience with data centre design, security principles, computing infrastructure.
• Engaged by the unknowns of implementing emergent technologies and industry standards.
• Must be flexible with working hours, as there is a periodic requirement to work long hours in the field to commission installations.
• Experience with Cisco 6500 and Nexus 5000 is highly desired.
• Must have experience working in an enterprise Datacenter environment.
• Cloud migration experience is preferred
• Cisco certified to a minimum of CCDP or CCIE certification is required
• Must have the ability to communicate confidently and directly with executive stakeholders as well as end-client technical teams.
• People leadership, coordinating/influencing skills
• Problem solving / strong analytics.
Qualifications & Experience:
• University degree or diploma in Computer Science related field (Computer Sciences, Engineering)
• 10+ years of extensive experience in the design of local area and wide area networks.
• Around 3-6 years experience in a similar technical analyst/ network specialist role supporting Cisco equipment and software
· Experience on IP networks and Cisco Networking Products
· Cisco Certifications are required
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Preferred Product / Technical Competencies:
• Cisco network devices
• Cisco Works
• Cisco Switching expertise
• Network Security
• Routing Protocols and Configurations
• Understanding of the VPN infrastructure
• Identify and close network security issues
• Understanding of MPLS infrastructure.
• Managed Solutions
• In-Depth Knowledge of Key Vendors Solutions
Valid through: 12/7/2020