$100K — $150K *
Senior Network Engineer
BioTelemetry, a Philips Company, is the leading remote medical technology company focused on delivery of health information to improve quality of life and reduce cost of care. We provide remote cardiac monitoring, centralized core laboratory services for clinical trials, remote blood glucose monitoring and original equipment manufacturing that serves both healthcare and clinical research customers. BioTelemetry monitors over four billion heartbeats per day, processes over one million patients each year, supports some of the largest clinical trials and is pioneering patient care monitoring by connecting people with their care teams. It is the pioneer in remote patient monitoring, revolutionizing healthcare with its suite of cardiac monitoring devices, including its FDA-cleared ePatch™ and Mobile Cardiac Outpatient Telemetry (MCOT™) monitors. BioTelemetry advances health by providing technology and services that enable healthcare providers to monitor and diagnose patients and clinical research subjects in a more efficient, accurate and cost-effective manner. We are passionate about connecting people with solutions that save lives, and our growth reflects our focus, commitment and passion for the important work we do each day. As one of the fastest growing connected health companies in the market, we are looking for people to join our team who share our passion and focus.
Overall Job Summary:
· The Sr Network Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, planning and supporting of the network infrastructure. The incumbent will design and deploy network solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements. This individual will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the enterprise applications.
· He/she will provide network leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security in support and maintenance of the company’s local and wide area networks utilizing third party network management tools.
· Develop specifications for complex network/security architecture for company information and network systems/applications
· Perform and manage large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations
· Install and support network server environment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies
· Troubleshoot routing and interconnectivity problems including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
· Participate in security architecture planning, testing and implementation
· Collaborate with network support team to identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
· Support enterprise network infrastructure including all hardware, software, Server Operating systems and communications equipment configurations
· Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network and system problems
· Develop and provide reports on network performance and utilization to management
· Diagnoses and resolves complex network operating problems utilizing technical assistance from vendors, common carriers and IT management
· Maintain knowledge of current industry standard operating systems and major applications (i.e. MS Exchange)
· Manage the company’s network infrastructure backup environment
· Perform routine audit work of various areas of the network
· Deploy configuration changes to devices in core and distribution layers
· Serve as a high-level technical resource on large scale network/security issues
· Lead the research and evaluation of new network/security technologies from vendors
· Assist in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, IT or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Relevant Work Experience:
o Six or more years direct routing and switching experience as well as responsibility in the area of network infrastructure design, infrastructure support, encompassing VPN, LAN /WAN and Layer 3 Switching protocol, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls and infrastructure solutions
o Experience with the following networking routing and switching systems preferred: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco Nexus platforms, Meraki, Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP); VOIP, Quality of Service and traffic flow classification and optimization in a SD WAN environment.
· Licenses/Certifications: CCNA, CCNP
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge/Abilities –Technical Skills:
o Strong knowledge of LAN related technologies: STP, VLANs, HSRP, VTP, VIPs etc.
o In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
o Working technical knowledge of HTTP/S, DNS, POP, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, TACACs+, Proxy Servers, etc.
o Demonstrated ability to anticipate future business needs while assessing new technologies and determining in which ways new technologies can be leveraged by the IT staff, and the operations
o Strong analytical skills in making recommendations and/or implementing enhancements to existing infrastructure
o Hands on experience involving troubleshooting and support of medium to large IP Data Networks; strong experience troubleshooting switching and routing platforms and routing protocols
o Proven ability to document IT policies and procedures, network diagrams to clearly articulate technical designs, issues/constraints, procedures
o Demonstrated experience/effectiveness managing complex projects
· Communication Skills (Verbal/Written): Strong written and verbal communication and documentation skills
· Management/Leadership Skills: ability to manage a project team including external vendors
Valid through: 5/18/2021
$80K — $100K
2 days ago
$150K — $200K + tbd
2 days ago