You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide the required network support for the deployment of infrastructure network topology architecture, processes and reports. Investigate functionality issues related to application data, security and system configurations. Work with technical application teams in the review, analysis and resolution to application related performance issues.
- Perform the required work associated with network administration, such as the installation and configuration of network infrastructure, the deployment of backup and recovery processes for network, and the implementation of maintenance processes that ensure the continued stability and performance of network systems. Examples of specific tools associated network administration include:
- Assist the organization in the performing of scheduled Disaster Recovery tests for designated mission critical systems.
- Assist in the development of project plans, including related timelines, for the scheduled refresh and network version upgrades of existing systems. The project plans should incorporate both short-term and long-term technical objectives, along with analysis on capacity, performance and security considerations.
- Manage and participate in the monitoring, optimization and diagnosis of currently deployed network systems. Provide the appropriate documentation to management, detailing the root cause analysis of outages, performance concerns, and propose resolution and optimization options. Examples of specific tools to monitor and optimize system performance include: SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Network Probes, Packet brokers, iPerf, SDA and Cisco DNA Center.
- Work closely with the Manager and the Enterprise Security Architecture Team to plan, design, implement, support, and monitor that the security initiatives are being met for the organization.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Network Engineer Service Leads and the Enterprise Network Architect to implement, configure, and support the Enterprise Network Infrastructure. Assist in the initial capacity analysis, deployment design, and overall system architecture needed to support the Network platform and expected support activity. Provide the necessary support in the investigation and resolution of system level issues.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience Required:
- B.A or B.S. in a degree such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or 7 years related experience.
- Minimum of 7 years in the support of an enterprise network platform in a 24x7 environment, including platforms such as Wireless, Security and Route Switch.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supporting network infrastructure platforms such as Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), wireless Flex Connect OR VPN, Content filtering, Data Center, Nexus, Catalyst and management.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven skill in project management of Network related projects.
- Proven skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Proven skills with Cisco platforms such as Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, Firepower and Palo Alto Firewalls in a production environment.
- Proven skills with network operating systems such as Catalyst, Nexus, Linux and Windows systems.
- Proven skills in discussing and planning application architecture with cross-functional application, business, technical teams and third-party vendors.
The Enterprise Network Engineer (Senior) is responsible for deployment and continued support of mission critical network infrastructure systems in the areas of Route/Switch, Security, and Wireless technologies. Technologies utilized by the Enterprise Network Engineer Senior include: Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco ACL, Cisco Meraki, Cisco DNA Center, Cisco Prime, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Fabric Path, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto Firewall, Panorama, IDS, IPS, Silver Peak SD-WAN Optimization, NetBrain, LiveAction, and Wireless Flex Connect. The position also requires demonstrated competence in LAN/WAN technologies, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, SDN, SDA, and Software Defined Networking. Last, the Enterprise Network Engineer (Senior) is responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams in relation to the deployment and support of the physical/virtual network infrastructure, which includes technologies such as VMWare, Linux, Windows Server, physical Servers, and enterprise storage arrays.