- Troubleshoot, resolve and document customer reported network issues via phone and/or e-mail.
- Provide configuration recommendation and assistance in customer service deployment.
- Recreate reported issues in lab with customer’s configuration and topology.
- Work with sustaining engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware defects.
- Perform patch qualification related tasks.
- Analyze data traces using protocol analyzers to identify anomalies and find solutions.
- Ensure customer’s reported issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction in a timely manner.
- 1 to 3 years of working experience in the data networking industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- BS/MS in a computer related field or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge and experiencetroubleshooting Layer-2/3 protocols (VLANs, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, IPv4/6, ARP, RIP, NAT) and Layer-4 protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS, NAT).
- Must have good understanding of following protocols, HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, RTSP.
- Demonstrate ability to acquire strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).