Senior Network Architect
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To be a part of the Information Technology team and supply depth to the team in support of the company wide network infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts architecture reviews to assess impact of proposed systems and prepares mitigation plans. Recommends IT project team viable architecture choices. Partners with managers and teams to understand business division needs, and advise and influence on implementation choices. Assures project teams’ compliance with architecture standards and key controls, especially Production acceptance standards.
- Consults with Senior Management around the company regarding data center and architecture- helping with design work, operation escalation, platform standards development and support, documentation
- Creates, maintains, and enhances the multi-yeararchitecture plans. Ensure plans remain in alignment with Business and Strategic objectives and integrates with otherarchitecture plans. Provides cross-team technical leadership across multiple project teams and organizations to maintain an ongoing productive relationship.
- Leads IT project teams in creating architecture documentation, including technical reviews and related infrastructure documents, architecture planning estimates, performance test plans, and IT architecture deliverables. Contributes to and is compliant with best practices such as, remaining consistent with the deliverable responsibilities outlined in our Software Development Methodology. Reviews and approves architecture-related documents developed by peers and project technical leadership.
- Conceptualizes, analyzes and designs prototypes/systems that are consistent, compatible, reusable, scalable, available, reliable, maintainable, have optimal manageability and security, and perform well logically and physically. Provide hands on help for troubleshooting and resolution of Networking issues including different operating systems such as windows and linux.
- Stays current with industry trends and educates project stakeholders on relevant industry standards. Evaluates and tests 3rd party and open source products, and recommends buy/build. Interfaces with architecture best practices trade organizations and research firms.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves the most complex issues elevated from IT project teams (production or non-production). Recommends alternatives that improve system performance and/or optimize productivity and costs.
- Identifies and mitigates risks of introducing architecturetechnology enhancements
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Degree in computer science or computer engineering, preferred.
- Minimum eight years of experience in specific technical specialty (Hardware, Operating Systems, Telecommunications and Emerging Technologies).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- JUNOS (Juniper)
- AOS (Adtran)
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Experience working in datacenter and development environments
- Juniper Network Certified Internetwork Expert (JNCIE) certification -- Data Center / Routing Switching
- Network Protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts and Port Channels
- Knowledge of Load Balancers