• Responsible for supporting all hosted applications and services provided within the DISA data centers. Supports common data center requirements to include routing, switching, load balancing, DMZ services such as, firewalls, web application firewalls, database firewalls, IDS, IPS, and proxy servers/appliances. Will be required to maintain the current architecture.
• The contractor shall perform future strategic engineering and technology refresh to support the DCI.
• Shall engineer, test, install, integrate and support the DCI to include complex troubleshooting using logs and packet analysis is required.
• Must be capable of supporting the existing communications infrastructure and developing and implementing strategies to meet future requirements.
• Required to be skilled in the necessary disciplines to properly support the DCI in its current and future design. Several examples of the products found within the DCI are Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASR, Juniper SRX, F5 BigIP and, A10 load balancers.
• Task includes but is not limited to the contractor supporting the following:
o Engineer enterprise network architectural changes in response to policies, security or customer requirements
o Ensure compliance with JTF directives for ports and protocols.
o Engineer proxy capabilities required by DISA customers within the DCI.
o Evaluate and engineer network solutions based upon customers’ requirements.
o Engineer and deploy an IPv6 network in accordance with DOD directives.
o Attend meetings with DISA customers to collect information for designing network changes and to provide DISA network architecture standards.
o Prepare technical documentation to include technical white papers, instructional, engineering solutions and implementation guides.
o Engineer highly available network infrastructure capable of meeting strict uptime requirements.
• Enterprise Standardization. The contractor shall support the enterprise standards in accordance with corporate direction to include, but not limited to: (1) Support documentation development, (2) Lead technical working groups, conduct product evaluations, develop recommendations, and conduct pre-implementation activities. Provide technology insertion for increased automation and streamlined operations and support enterprise initiatives to comply with DOD security strategies.
• Implementation and Migrations. The contractor shall support the design, test, install, integration and migration strategies in support of DISA and its customers. Provide project management support for implementation of processor, communications and storage workloads for the enterprise. The contractor must be capable of implementing customer processing requirements into the DISA processing environment in a manner consistent with present practices. These migration and implementation efforts must conform to the physical and logical infrastructure, security configurations such as ACLs and deny by default; and is to be integrated with the Information Assurance network. The contractor must ensure that all DOD polices and directives from the Joint Task Force (JTF) are followed.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills. Must be self-starter.
- Competnecies Required:
- Cisco data center unified fabric infrastructure (DCUFI)
- Cisco fabricpath
- Security + within 6 months of start date
- CCNA and/or CCNP is a plus as well as any othernetwork certifications.
- Need experience with Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASR, Juniper SRX, F5 BigIP and, A10 load balancers.
- US citizen and must be able to get a Security clearance.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline is required