$200K — $250K *
This position will support Network Services and Business Development by designing business and technical solutions for service provider partners who want to implement CDN solutions. Integrating Akamai's CDN technology into third party networks requires a creative and technical person who understands the business needs and the financial aspects of both Akamai and our partners. Additional Senior Network Architect duties may include setting up peering sessions, working with network partners to optimize performance and cost, tier 3 ticketing support, training of other departments in networking and Internet operations, and working with the Network Services division to reduce overall network expense and increase overall performance and efficiency.
* Support Business Development and Network Strategy on service provider partnerships;
* Day-to-day Network Architecture duties;
* Negotiate peering deals for Akamai;
* Troubleshooting and enhancing the Akamai Mapping System;
* Network Security Awareness
About the Team
The Akamai Network Architecture group is responsible for designing and expanding nodes in Akamai's global network of hundreds of thousands of servers in thousands of networks in over 100 countries. The group designs and sets standards for networking in multiple deployments, manages all peering relationships, and participates in data center colocation & internet transit negotiations. Network Architects use their extensive knowledge of Internet topology and business relationships to devise new ways of decreasing costs while increasing performance. The group also supports sales by educating customers on the Akamai System and how the Internet works.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD
* 7+ years of Internet routing or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of of peering or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Content Distribution or Carrier/ISP/NSP Networks.
* Router configuration experience in a multi-national backbone.
* In-Depth knowledge of BGP and protocols (TCP/IP) used on the Internet.
* Extensive understanding of the global DNS system.
* Knowledge of general Internet network operations including those of Internet and network service providers
* Exposure to network diagnostics tools to aid in troubleshooting and problem detection e.g. nmap, tcpdump, netflow
* Ability to drive or develop automation tools
* Knowledge of basic networking security principles
* Capable of representing Akamai and participating in Internet networking and other conferences as required
* Contract negotiation or equivalent experience.
* Desire to learn, have fun and be part of a highly functional and competent team of Internet networking professionals
* Regional language skills a plus.
Valid through: 8/17/2020