$150K — $200K *
Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that’s easy to fall in love with – the travel industry…Vantage may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. As we evolve technologically and proactively offer differentiated travel experiences to our customers, we search for dynamic, progressive and focused professionals to join the Vantage team whether that’s in our headquarters in Boston or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Opatija, Beijing or Cape Town.
At Vantage, you’ll discover team members as being talented, driven, globally aware, entrepreneurial individuals who are flexible in a fast-paced environment and who bring sense of pride and humility to a unique culture.
The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for the upkeep of computer hardware and software systems, focusing on all network components within the company, and occasionally responsible for the design and implementation of new networks.
Experienced in Microsoft desktop products including various Windows OS versions and O365 Products, Active Directory administration required, needs Firewall/VPN/Switches experience. Cisco UCS phone switch system a definite plus. Periodic support of Mac users in our Creative department (10% of total device/users)
Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude. Ability to continuously seek and undertake opportunities to improve infrastructures, processes, and work environment. Strong troubleshooting, research and communication skills and strict attention to detail.
This position will be required to work in the Boston office 4 days/week and allowed to work remotely 1day/week.
· As a key member of the Helpdesk support staff you are expected to be knowledgeable in all aspects of end user systems (workstations and home office networking) to ensure a sound infrastructure, stable and consistent environment, and provide support to a growing remote work force.
· In charge of conducting maintenance on computers, printer, routers and smartphones.
· Perform delivery, physical setup, installation and repair of all hardware and software.
· Responsible for network address assignments, management and implementation of protocols.
· Train users on software application, and systems.
· Maintain IT inventories; updating scheduled replacement and disposing of equipment.
· Comfortable loading Windows, updating drivers, creating and maintaining images
· Equipment orders, requisitions and Purchase orders for user equipment.
· Coordinating the maintenance and configuration of LAN/WAN security and communications devices including Cisco switches, routers, VPN concentrators and firewalls (Cisco VPN Concentrator and Cisco PBX) with an external partner.
· Coordinating the upgrading and administering of servers and functionality including Microsoft O365, SQL Server, and Symantec Anti-Virus, enterprise backup with an external partner
· Maintaining and administering the following mission-critical systems:
o Windows 2012/2016 servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Azure
o O365 licensing
· Computer room and associated systems maintenance
· As needed with support from CTO and outside partners
· Providing second level application and hardware support to staff.
· Ensure that licenses are paid and up to date.
· Off hours on-call support (rotating first-responder on-call)
· Infrequently being available, as needed, for off-hours tasks relating to upgrades, installs, etc.
· Maintain departmental policies and procedures.
· Write and maintain comprehensive, concise, and clear documentation.
· This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Valid through: 12/13/2021