SYNNEX uses the latest technology to help us screen during our recruitment process. The first step in our process is your submission of an application to this job posting. The next step could involve a digital interview, which is an interview conducted using your computer’s webcam or your mobile device answering pre-set interview questions. Your interview will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Partner or hiring manager, so please treat it just as you would an in-person interview.
Senior Network Administrator
Your Passion is Sparked By
- Plan, manage and execute strategies for documentation, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, evaluation, performance monitoring and upgrading network monitoring tools and hardware.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client-server environment. Ensure user workstations interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and other administrative systems.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of user workstations (laptops and desktops), peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with helpdesk and other Network Administrators in the planning, installation, support, and configuration of switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with the customer on network optimization and upgrades.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support and on-site for major issues.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from the technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA’s are met.
- Secures network and system operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Some travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Proven troubleshooting skills and confirmed sound-judgment of taking appropriate actions regarding findings or concerns.
- Strong knowledge of switching and routing required.
- Knowledge of HP switches preferred.
- Strong IPv4 network troubleshooting skills required.
- Fortigate and Cisco ASA experience a plus.
- Experience with routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent business communication skills required.
- Proven experience interacting with various levels of internal and external business partners/users.
- Established ability to work in a dynamic and diverse work environment that requires multi-tasking and flexibility.
- Understanding of Microsoft active directory, Windows 10, Server 2016.