NES Associates is seeking a highly motivated, skilled Senior Network Administrator to support a DoD Customer’s critical logistics mission. Successful applicant will required knowledge of current LANtechnologies, LAN vendor equipment to include CISCO, Brocade and other vendors, experience providing Operations support to include incident resolution, service request fulfillment, security patching, technical refreshes and upgrades. The selected candidate will be expected to work closely with the government customer, Tier III engineering and users with little supervision while providing guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinate staff when applicable.
This position requires 10 years of experience providing network engineering services, a Vendor certification such as CISCO CCNA, CCNP and a security certification such as Security+CE, CCNA Security. Selected candidate must possess a SECRET Security Clearance and maintain eligibility for TOP SECRET.
Desired Skills and Experience
Understanding and experience implementing large LAN/WAN solutions with knowledge of:
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video IP protocols.
- Wireless LAN.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x – protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)
Understanding and experience providing Operational support with knowledge of:
- Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software.
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth. others