GDIT is looking for an eager and energetic Senior Network Administrator to join our team supporting the Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) out of Ft. Huachuca, Arizona. The Network Administrator will be a part of a diverse team supporting a globally distributed information system, responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the network components of a globally dispersed information system.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Maintains network devices by applying patches and performing firmware upgrades.
- Configures switches, routers, firewalls, and cryptographic devices.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- May be assigned as a team lead.
- Participates in special projects as required.
MA/MS or equivalent years of experience
- 10 or more years of network administration experience
- 8570 certification: IAT Level II Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP
- Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Computing environment certificate, CCNA or equivalent within 6 months of hire.