- Supporting systems and network upgrades to include technical refresh of systems, or the technical insertion of hardware/software upgrades and components.
- Performing set-up, configuration and maintenance of network equipment and system software and hardware.
- Providing systems and network administration support of PCs, servers, racks of equipment and configuration and management of local and remote networks.
- Testing, system integration, installation scripts, set-up and configuration of information technology equipment and other duties to support system and network infrastructure.
- Restoring connectivity, moving equipment (servers, PCs, network components, lab equipment), and experience with Cisco telecommunications products, among other roles.
- Configuring networking devices (Cisco) including:
- Establishing networking schemes, implementing and troubleshooting Location Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP), managing VLANs, access lists, routing
- Implementing system defense-in-depth using DoD guidelines and vendor best practices
- Hardening Windows and Linux systems
- Familiarity with NSX, Python and API
- Configuring and troubleshooting Fortigate firewalls
- COMSEC and HAIPE (KG-250X/KG-175) experience is preferred
- Up to 15% travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations (Occasional 2-3 week trips)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Network or Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Computer Systems, Information Security; Information Systems Management; Information Technology or a related field with 6-8 years related experience or a Master of Science degree with 4-6 years of experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting of secure enterprise networks
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience constructing complex network security measures such as access control lists, IDS/IPS and routing controls
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II baseline certification (i.e. SSCP, Security+, etc.) and have or the ability to obtain an OS/CE (i.e CCNA/CCNP or Fortigate NSE 4) certification
- Experience providing assistance to users over the phone
- Experience with DoD compliance mechanisms (STIGs/Technical Orders/TTPs)
- Experience with DoD vulnerability management software (ACAS/HBSS)
- Virtualization experience with tools such as VMWare and ESXi
- Strong written and oral communication skills, analytical background with troubleshooting skills.