Senior Network 2017-3129 ngineer / Team Lead
Are you a technology hobbyist who enjoys tinkering with systems to explore all of their defined (and undefined) potential? Do you enjoy thinking of ways to optimally secure your professional and personal technology environments?
At SIG, we view information security as pivotal to the success of our technology organization and our firm as a whole, and our security team is key in ensuring that success. We are looking for strong engineers to join our team who are interested in levering their expertise in Perimeter Security, Internet and Application Security or Identity, Mobility and Access Management who are also life-long learners, interested in expanding their security skill-set across one or more of these disciplines.
Why Join Our Team?
- You will get to work on a variety of security challenges and technologies. We offer the opportunity to focus in specific security domains, while still gaining exposure to additional technologies both within security, as well as across our networking and systems platforms.
- Our Engineers have the freedom, flexibility and resources to solve problems creatively and develop the most appropriate solution – this may range from buying/implementing vendor tools and automating processes to rolling your sleeves up and developing custom solutions from the ground up, adapting open source solutions to meet SIG’s needs, or implementing process and policy controls when technology solutions are not available.
- We aren’t constrained by budgets. The options and solutions you can develop are endless. All you have to do is demonstrate your solutions are based on sound risk-based decision making and will be valuable to the firm.
- You don’t have to choose between researching, engineering and implementing solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on problems requiring big picture thinking, but will remain hands on with technology as you manage and execute large technical projects to drive growth with SIG’s securityinfrastructure.
- Continuous growth is available and constant. At SIG, you don’t have to wait for tenure to take on new responsibilities. We have an open learning environment and our infrastructure, teams and skillsets are always growing.
Learn more about what it’s like to be a Security Engineer at SIG from one of our own, here: http://bit.ly/29kB3wY.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline required; experience can substitute for education
- 5+ years of network, security or systems engineering, architecture or administration experiencerequired
- 3+ years of securityengineering, architecture or administration experiencerequired
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering large technology projects required
- Experience with at least one of the following required: firewalls and networksecurity, email and web security, vulnerability and risk assessment, malware protection and endpoint hardening, and/or identity and access management.
- Deep technical understanding of information security concepts, common attacks and mitigation techniques, and ability to make risk-based decisions required
- Strong grasp of networking and firewall fundamentals and ability to do basic network administration and/or troubleshootingrequired
- Strong grasp of operating systems fundamentals and ability to do basic Windows and/or Linux administration and/or troubleshootingrequired
- Python, Perl, or similar programming experiencerequired; web development or database administration experience a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the ev